Skip navigation

GK2Exception in Direct3D in Hegemony Rome

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > GK2Exception in Direct3D in Hegemony Rome
Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 5, 2014 at 11:10 pm

I had just started the game up for the first time and was adjusting the video options. When I clicked apply the game crashed with the following error:

For reference, I had set all the options to their highest setting and set the resolution to 2560x1440. I am using the nVidia GPU scaling features to downscale 1440p to 1080p in my GPU to get an effective increase in AA quality.

I was running full screen and my system has 2xGTX 780 in SLI. I'm not sure if SLI or the downscaling is at fault, but I'm assuming one of these may have caused the issue.

I generated a dump file, but I'm not sure how to submit it.

Thanks.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 6, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Dump files are usually best emailed to Rob, although it would be helpful for us to know you still experience the problem when you turn off SLI or downscaling.

If you're really having trouble changing your settings, you can manually edit your settings file with a text editor. See here if you're not sure where your settings are stored.

Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 18, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Sorry for the lack of update. This issue does not occur when I no longer use downscaling. SLI does not appear to cause the problem. I have since switched to a triple-monitor surround configuration to get better viewpoints of the battlefield in the various strategy games I play and now have run into the issue that Hegemony picks a lower resolution than is capable of displaying the full height of the options menu. While it scales across all 3 screens, the fact I do not have the full height to work with means I cannot see the options to set the resolution.

Is there a configuration file I can modify somewhere? My current resolution is 5760x1080 (6000x1080 w/ bezel correction).

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 20, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Sure, the settings file is just an xml file that you can edit with a text editor, so you can choose non-standard resolutions that way. See here to find your settings file, and let me know if you need any more help figuring out how to edit it.