Skip navigation

Hegemony Rome diferrent regional pricing?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Rome diferrent regional pricing?
Level 8 Human LINUX RULES
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 17, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Im an old Hegemony player from Europe and I was wondering if the prices on Steam for early access are going to stay the same, because at the moment the game in euros costs about 8-9 dollars more than in US which is quite a big difference for me at least. So the game here really costs 33-34$. Well will probably wait till you sell it on your own site without different pricing regions.

Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on February 17, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I paid 24.99$ and i live in israel.

Posted on February 17, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Well the price that I would have to pay on Steam at the moment is 24,99€ which is about 33-34$. I understand that it is probably the Kalypso policy that is doing this but still it would be nice if everybody could pay the same price for the same product.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 17, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Yea I was a bit miffed about the price difference from USD to EUR as well, but as far as I understood, the USD price does not include tax when you purchase, so the difference would be something around 22 EUR (USD) to 25 EUR. I would like prices to be adapted at least to some extend, so to show effort and understanding and not simply have it be USD = EUR price. Bought it nevertheless. :)

Posted on February 18, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Well the price in euros does not contain added value tax, cause Steam (Valve) is not bound by EU tax laws since they are situated in US. Nevertheless I will buy the game as I lik ite since it is an upgrade to Hegemony Gold. Just will not buy it at once.