Skip navigation

Hegemony Rome diferrent regional pricing?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Rome diferrent regional pricing?
Level 10 Human LINUX RULES
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 17, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Im an old Hegemony player from Europe and I was wondering if the prices on Steam for early access are going to stay the same, because at the moment the game in euros costs about 8-9 dollars more than in US which is quite a big difference for me at least. So the game here really costs 33-34$. Well will probably wait till you sell it on your own site without different pricing regions.

Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on February 17, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I paid 24.99$ and i live in israel.

Posted on February 17, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Well the price that I would have to pay on Steam at the moment is 24,99€ which is about 33-34$. I understand that it is probably the Kalypso policy that is doing this but still it would be nice if everybody could pay the same price for the same product.

Level 10 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 17, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Yea I was a bit miffed about the price difference from USD to EUR as well, but as far as I understood, the USD price does not include tax when you purchase, so the difference would be something around 22 EUR (USD) to 25 EUR. I would like prices to be adapted at least to some extend, so to show effort and understanding and not simply have it be USD = EUR price. Bought it nevertheless. :)

Posted on February 18, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Well the price in euros does not contain added value tax, cause Steam (Valve) is not bound by EU tax laws since they are situated in US. Nevertheless I will buy the game as I lik ite since it is an upgrade to Hegemony Gold. Just will not buy it at once.