Skip navigation

Music

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Music
Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on February 14, 2014 at 8:33 am

I don't think I have seen this mentioned much but the music in this game is really quite nice. I left the game paused for 10 or 15 minutes while doing something else before and it really gave me a chance to listen to the in-game music without being distracted by angry gauls with pointy sticks.

I was wondering if at any stage the soundtrack would ever be likely to be released? I also wanted to know who the composer is. Whoever it was that did that song with the horn (I think) that tends to play during the opening Caesar cinematic seems to know my taste very well.

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on February 14, 2014 at 10:06 am

Find the game on program files/steam, it has all sounds i believe, so you should be able to find what you are looking for if you spend some time

Posted on February 14, 2014 at 2:12 pm

True, I already have the files I really liked. But that really only covers a small part of my post. Mostly I just wanted to tell the longbow team how much I liked the music.

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on February 14, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Way to go then, i like the music as well, i find it relaxing sometimes while playing the game

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 14, 2014 at 10:25 pm

All of the music was composed by Dana DiAnda of Cannibal Island Studios. He did the music for the original games as well, but Rome has roughly twice as much. Unfortunately, it's a little difficult to listen to offline because he wrote it as a set of smaller loops and layers that the game combines dynamically based on the level of activity (which is still a little broken at the moment)

We don't have any immediate plans to release a soundtrack, but it's definitely something we could consider.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 14, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Have to say I am also impressed with the music. Really adds to the game. Well done Dana DiAnda.

Posted on February 16, 2014 at 4:24 am

We don't have any immediate plans to release a soundtrack, but it's definitely something we could consider.

Some kind of 'Gold' release or other optional extra DLC thingy at some stage in the future would be great. Even if you had it sold via this website for a small fee I would be very interested. The difficulty of course comes from organising the royalty stuff with Mr. DiAnda and getting some proper song segments going rather than the little minute long pieces that are in the files now.

I am content to wait indefinitely but once everything game related is done and dusted and you have some more time I think there might be a small market out there for the soundtrack and possibly other extra's you might think of.