Skip navigation

Spiritual links between the brethren tanks.

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Spiritual links between the brethren tanks.
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 9, 2005 at 7:37 am

Scale and Scale Matrix have transient issues, especially in web play. Scaled entities don't always sync well, so it's better to distribute the files on scaled entities before the game. This could be the part of the source of your problem.

Also, if you play "your tank" on someone else's server...well...that just doesn't work. You can only play tanks that are on the server. In fact, it breaks the server to do this, creating a non-existant tank that is then impossible to destroy or use, and isn't treated as a proper player on the server.

--RC

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on September 10, 2005 at 9:37 am

You've misunderstood about the scaling - I don't care what it does online it just doesn't work ofline. I tried scaling and scalematrix but it still has trouble noticing that my tank is different to the orriginal.
Maybee if I could get a blank ENT file and copy what I need into it from a different file. But I duno if I would know what I'd need.

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 10, 2005 at 12:38 pm

If the game isn't recognizing your tank as being different what are you using that is the same?

If you are using a stock tank for your base you need to copy all of the stock components specific to the original and place them 'renamed for your tank' into the addons folder and then link them in your 'distinct' ent files.

Entegrity is a good tool for making sure your mod is compliant.

Posted on September 10, 2005 at 4:42 pm

I have tried entegrety - Are you saying to do something like copying every required file - sounds, weapons, ect. - into the addons and rename them for use instead of the originals? I don't see how that would work but still.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 11, 2005 at 1:16 am

in this case (I think) you can get by with just the tank mesh files. obviously any custom sounds, textures etc should already be in the addons folder. iirc thats 18 mesh files.

Posted on September 11, 2005 at 5:42 am

Erm...where are the meshes?

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 11, 2005 at 12:34 pm

look under 'objects' (specific path from there is listed in the ent you're borrowing from)

Posted on September 13, 2005 at 10:25 am

Erm...are those the meshes then?

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on September 13, 2005 at 11:32 am

anything that ends with the extension "lwo" is a mesh. Anything that ends in "luv" is the texture coordinates file (not to be confused with the actual texture file which is has an extension "bmp").

Posted on September 13, 2005 at 12:12 pm

erm...thx shame I can't get to my pc right now...

Pages 1 2