Skip navigation

Spiritual links between the brethren tanks.

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Spiritual links between the brethren tanks.
Pages 1 2
Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on September 4, 2005 at 11:18 am

Wow this is quite a nasty problem - I created a big tank based on BELABOR
The big tank i named war troll but i noticed that sometimes i played TM and war troll wasnt very big
but others I play TM and find that belabor and war troll are both the size war troll is meant to be.
Is this somekind of hidden link or what?

Also reveiwing an old situation- I was told that there was a "name" line in projectile files that effects the message recieved when someone is fragged with it - this is not the case and even if I add one the message stays the same!

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 4, 2005 at 1:01 pm

er, yes. don't think there is a quick fix for tho, for most everything else there is, but scale matrix didn't seem work on tanks (for me).
Re; frag message
could you give us an example of what you want? (note; if you're working from a 'stock ent' comment out(or remove) the 'nameid' line)

Level 13 Human pita
Posted on September 4, 2005 at 1:17 pm

Here it is used on the Ifrit tank:

[code:1:3a0c9e7bfe]Class = racetank
Type = Ifrit
#Type = tank25a

Mesh = tank8HighB.lwo
Mesh1 = Tank8BT.lwo
Mesh2 = Tank8Low.lwo
TurretMesh = tank8turretCTH.lwo
TurretMesh1 = Tank8TurretBT.lwo
TurretMesh2 = Tank8TurretLow.lwo

Texture = textures/Fiery5.bmp

scalematrix = 1, 2, 1

maxspeed = 110
accelspeed = 50.0

turretspeed = 110.0

SmokeType = IfritSmoke

EngineSound2 = engine/LiquidTank04L.wav
EngineSound1 = engine/LiquidTank05A.wav

RumbleSound = Engine/RoadRumble3.wav

ProjectileType = IfritLaser
ReloadTime = 2

baubletype = bauble1

bolton0 = -0.65, 0.30, -1.25
bolton1 = .40, 0.10, 0
bolton2 = -1.45, -0.95, 0.50
bolton3 = 0, -0.60, -2.5

envmode = texture
smoothshade = 1
fade = 1.0

Name = Ifrit

gravityscale = 4.5
frictionscale = 3.0

Armor = 0.5

AmmoMax = 50[/code:1:3a0c9e7bfe]

I think JV used it as well on some of the Storm Racer cars..

Posted on September 4, 2005 at 2:02 pm

:?: What is this?
I can't even find the scale line?
Do I use this "scalematrix" instead? :?:

Level 13 Human pita
Posted on September 4, 2005 at 5:26 pm

http://38.112.120.110/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000646.html

dont be shy about using the search function on the old forum. There are years of info on there... :shock:

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on September 4, 2005 at 6:27 pm

If you think I am a spammer, I am not the only spammer. The players above me in posts are also causing some spam, really Jujaga.

(delete some of the old posts [not the first post but all other posts older than 1 month] on the story board)

Level 13 Human pita
Posted on September 4, 2005 at 6:37 pm

mr. moderator, can we crack down on the spam a bit? I think these guys have padded their post count enough...

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on September 4, 2005 at 7:14 pm

I could care less about my post count. The Story Board was intended to be a fun and interesting thing that is meant to bring some creativity into this forum. I don't mind if you do not approve with the idea, but don't go stepping on it when other people can enjoy it too.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 5, 2005 at 2:17 am

the stock tank ents have the 'scale' parameter...its just set to 1, meaning no change in size. note; weird things have been noticed when going to extreams, usually you'll be fine in the 1x-2x range, nother thing bout tanks and camera position, the p.o.v. isn't relative to tank size...if the tank is too tall, you can't see past it.
Re; scale matrix
mayhap I were using it wrong...only tried it once on a tank. :)

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on September 5, 2005 at 4:13 am

I could care less about my post count. The Story Board was intended to be a fun and interesting thing that is meant to bring some creativity into this forum. I don't mind if you do not approve with the idea, but don't go stepping on it when other people can enjoy it too.

Ummm...Yeah...

Spam is spam, we're no fools. Good try though.

Posted on September 5, 2005 at 4:27 am

My tank has a scale of 1.45 and belabor sometimes decides to copy this.
When it doesn't both tanks remain uneffected by it.

And whats all this about spam - I didn't know you could delete old posts - can you? Anyways if you want to complain about that can you make a different thread I'm having problems here and they're not to do with spam.

Posted on September 5, 2005 at 12:15 pm

er, yes. don't think there is a quick fix for tho, for most everything else there is, but scale matrix didn't seem work on tanks (for me).
Re; frag message
could you give us an example of what you want? (note; if you're working from a 'stock ent' comment out(or remove) the 'nameid' line)

Thx about the frag message.
Note that until I can solve the problem with the tank size all my tanks will be the same size!

Anyone willing to host any of my mods or just wants them to play with?
I can list em all if you like...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 5, 2005 at 12:27 pm

try adding this line
scalematrix = 1.45, 1.45, 1.45
and do this
#scale = xxxx
your tank's size is/isnot reset when the game loads the map(it depends on whether or not the game decides to use the donor tank as an AI. same thing happens with any mesh based object unless you use scalematrix(which tells tm that this is something different)

Posted on September 5, 2005 at 3:32 pm

Thx again I'll try this out! :D

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 6, 2005 at 2:15 am

'Name'

class = projectile
type = doubleTankGun
name = "double 120mm rounds"

When you die a Conan death instead of being destroyed with a 120mm round you are killed with ....

This is in the top of the projectile\<projectilename>.ent file

if you are building your 'addons' correctly, this would be found in

%applicationpath%\addons\entities\projectile directory

in my installation that is

C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5\addons\entities\Projectile

You might be experiencing bleed through with your modifications if you are not building them in the correct locations and you are not renaming things properly.

The Conan is a singularly modified Barbarian with a corrected (IMBO) projectile entity for its perceived weapon.

I also had one for the Draconian with a double 100mm tank round but lost it to a workstation crash.

Neither of them caused problems for the stock tank although the AI tended to use them over the stock tanks which can be problematic in game play for live players as a Conan round tends to send you flying :twisted:

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 6, 2005 at 2:25 am

Regarding symbiotic bleed

If you are modifying a stock tank, make sure that %\addons\<appropriate folders directories and renaming all necessary entities for your modification

Regarding the killed by a 'weapon name' part.

the DoubleTankGun.ent is the only file I entered the name of the projectile that you seen when destroyed by the turret weapon and the top of the file is as listed.

class = projectile
type = doubleTankGun
name = "double 120mm rounds"

The Conan tank is a stock Barbarian with a single simple modification to correct an oversite in its weapon (IMBO).

When you are destroyed by a Conan tank's double turret gun, you will see "double 120mm rounds" which you will find, correctly placed in the
%application path%\addons\entities\Projectile\DoubleTankGun.ent

My installation would have it here
C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5\addons\entities\Projectile

the only untoward issue with this mod on my server is that the AI tend to take to it like candy which can be problematic for players expecting an easy kill against a Barbarian and then getting a double 120mm BSlap from a double 120mm round. :twisted:

Posted on September 6, 2005 at 4:32 am

The problem I'm having when I try to run my own tanks online is that the server ( note that I do not have my own ) just doesn't properly load my tank I think - as I get a static veiw of the game map from the point where my tank should be...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 6, 2005 at 12:29 pm

OK one more time. you cannot run a modded tank on a server that does not have it(well you can physically but, other players will not thank you for it). if you do try it other players will prolly not see it(just a weap floating along). there are limited options as to which sort of mod can be used (as a player) on a 'stock' server w/o causing issues with the server.

Posted on September 6, 2005 at 3:33 pm

Thx I understud now - but the scaleamtrix thing didn't seem to work on the tanks I tried.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on September 8, 2005 at 8:43 pm

Make sure you change the tank type, otherwise you'll likely confuse the server...

edit:
Another note, the server will use ITS version of the tank, not yours, so you must make sure the server has the type changed correctly also :), GL

Pages 1 2