Skip navigation

Hegemony Rome - 1.9.99 rev29436 x64

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Rome - 1.9.99 rev29436 x64
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on February 7, 2014 at 4:05 am

Chapter One:

- Path finding issues are still prevalent. Haven't seen any patch notes for tonights patch so don't know if that was addressed yet.

- Prespawned forts in the mountain passes still aren't getting a working supply zone. Either need to save and reload the game, or dismantle and rebuild them for it to work.

- Mines are providing their +400 gold benefit to economy when they aren't connected to anything.

- Skipping the cutscene after the battle of Bibracte seems to break the adviser, she can't speak and doesn't react to you selecting the bridge. Going ahead and hitting the requisition button does fix her again.

- Forts. I just don't seem to be using these as intended. Instead I'm placing them down all over the place purely to mitigate the 5-20% losses on what would otherwise be medium length supply lines.

- The Fishery NE of Segobodium doesn't render, it shows a tree and a couple rocks as it's selection location.

- Camp NE of Epamanduodunum doesn't render.

- Sea supply lines seem a bit harsh on penalties, especially when the length of them is entirely beyond our control.

- Supply lines are not automatically adjusting to new values of supply when a shorter more efficient route is created. For example I had a fort, feeding from a town, that was connected to another town by a long sea lane. Created a new shorter overland connection which updated the trade tab correctly in the city but the connected fort didn't acknowledge the change (sea lane was deleted btw) and still showed an 85% loss when it should have been showing only 10%.

- Stone walls on camps are leaving gaps between the walls on gatehouse. Aesthetic issue.

- Holding back the horde: Suebi units show up and hang around for 30sec -> 1min then retreat back across the map boundary. Can't be coaxed back in.

- Legion sizes. A 90 man Legion I feel should capture buildings and slaves much quicker than a smaller unit. 90 men doing the same work as 30 in the same time is a bit off.

- Camera North hotkey still not working.

- Any ETA for grouping and formations yet?

Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 7, 2014 at 6:32 pm

After deleting all my savegames I was not able to save again. There is no option for a new save file. I had to wait until the game auto-saved and then „overwrite“ that savegame.

There is sometimes an echoing melee sound when units are fighting each other.

In my opinion units gain far too much xp. I had one legion gather almost 10.000 xp by just defeating the units defending those three Salassi villages in chapter 1. I believe smaller units or 0% morale units should not give full xp when defeated.

The „click for more objectives“ option seems to be gone.

Attached generals are still the first ones to die under enemy fire.

Chapter 1:

The fishery you get for free before the battle of Bibracte has 5 worker units (100/40).

Attacking Helvetii units at the battle of Bibracte stood completely idle while being under fire by ranged attacks, until they surrendered.

Again, reinforcements (Boii and Tulingii) stood outside the border, making it impossible to finish this chapter.

Chapter 2:

I start at war with the SPQR faction, which means I can actually attack and defeat those two legion units at the beginning before they can cross the bridge.

This might not be a bug, but there is nothing preventing the player from conquering Noviodunum without building a Workshop and siege equipment. I did it with 5 or 6 legion units. To be honest, I'm not sure how siege equipment works or if right now it's useful at all.

I had a CTD right after building that camp at Sabis. I could hear Labienus say “the Nervii are attacking” and the game then crashed. After reloading a previous savegame it did not crash though.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 7, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I haven't made any release notes yet, because we haven't had much opportunity to test this version yet. We'll be mostly testing today and I'll hopefully have some more official notes tonight. Unfortunately, there's been a ton of other stuff to do this week related to the EA launch that I haven't had as much dev time as I'd like. And I really apologize for the pile of e-mails that I haven't responded to yet, I've got them all and I'm going to try to catch up on them this weekend.

This was mostly an AI / scripting update so there's definitely still a lot of mechanical issues on the list.

fyi, the requisitioning tutorial is obviously new with this update and doesn't have a voiceover yet. We expect there will be a number of places in the game where we need to add talking heads, and we're hoping that we'll be able to record additional audio to go with them. However, there are some logistical issues with getting the actors back so I can't make any guarantees right now.

Holding back the horde: Suebi units show up and hang around for 30sec -> 1min then retreat back across the map boundary. Can't be coaxed back in.

Interesting ... we've actually completely rewritten the AI for Ariovistus but as I mentioned we haven't tested it much. Were you playing from an existing savegame, or did you start chapter 1 from scratch? Because we've changed a lot in this version, it's definitely better to start at the beginning again.

Legion sizes. A 90 man Legion I feel should capture buildings and slaves much quicker than a smaller unit. 90 men doing the same work as 30 in the same time is a bit off.

That makes sense.

- The Fishery NE of Segobodium doesn't render, it shows a tree and a couple rocks as it's selection location.

You may have noticed we re-organized the resource buildings in that area and that fishery is actually new in this build. We've been crunching on getting all the resource buildings placed before the EA launch and I think we've got less than 10 left (including that one).

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 7, 2014 at 7:31 pm

It was a new game, always restart new games with new updates.

Bit of a habit from times before Steam EA when so many alpha funded games never could quite figure out save compatibility.

Admittedly I did not notice the rework of specific resource buildings in the north. It did feel at one point that there seemed to be more of them. I think that I see them as nothing more than a means to an end means that after I've connected and manned them, I forget they exist unless raided, which isn't happening much in the first chapter.

From reading Vorenus post it looks like the AI is hit or miss atm. I had no issues with the Bibracte Helvetii, they charged in and engaged my legions just fine whereas his didn't.

Level 5 Human English-Norwegian translator
Posted on February 7, 2014 at 9:11 pm

How come your version is rev29436? Mine is still rev29305.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 7, 2014 at 9:29 pm

You have to go to the game properties in steam (right click on the game entry in the library) and then the "beta" tab and select "beta" in the drop down menu. After that it will get the most recent update. Just figured that out myself after I was wondering the same thing :)

Level 5 Human English-Norwegian translator
Posted on February 7, 2014 at 9:59 pm

You have to go to the game properties in steam (right click on the game entry in the library) and then the "beta" tab and select "beta" in the drop down menu. After that it will get the most recent update. Just figured that out myself after I was wondering the same thing :)

Thanks, got it now.