Skip navigation

Some notes I made while playing, will add more later on

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Some notes I made while playing, will add more later on
Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 7, 2014 at 1:13 am

- Can't zoom in while moving the camera using WASD. Little inconvenience.
- Sandbox: Eburones is very hard to start, get swarmed by bandit raiders a lot. Very slow build-up.
- Still a little unsure why my units lose some battles when they are equal to the enemy unit in experience and numbers, and both units have charged. Maybe they weren't stocked up on food properly and ran out, but not sure.
- Defenders on walls: not a proper representation of the actual amount of soldiers defending the city. Sometimes a unit only has 3 or 4 soldiers in it and is still being supplied with recruits, but the walls are fully manned with a lot more soldiers than there are in the unit.
- Formations: not remembered after loading a savegame? Went from battleline to skirmish mode.
- Love the new upgrade system for units and cities, and the formation modes (battleline and skirmish line) as well as city modes. Lots more finetuning possible, which is a good thing.
- Icons above units that go empty as soldiers die are very useful for battlefield awareness.
- In the first campaign chapter it is unclear if you need to take cities on your way to the objectives, or if you should just go straight past them.