Skip navigation

Hegemony Rome is coming to Steam Early Access!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Hegemony Rome is coming to Steam Early Access!
Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 31, 2014 at 4:26 pm

We're excited to announce that Hegemony Rome will be coming to Steam Early Access on February 12!

The feedback and support from the community so far has been awesome and extremely helpful, and we're really looking forward to getting more players involved as we finish up the game. Check out the Coming Soon page on Steam and the new Community Hub!

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on January 31, 2014 at 7:51 pm

Steam early access? On February the 12th? LIGHT THE BEACONS! *epic music as beacons are lit, several days from now the message will spread and people everywhere will log into steam, crashing the system as they rush to purchase early access to a game many of us have anticipated the arrival of, for at least 2 years*

*Salutes Longbowgames then grabs a pint*

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 2, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Very excited for the release of this. Less than two weeks. Wish you all the best. Just make sureto post some regular updates and patch notes. This will probably be required onthe Steam page to show activity and progress.

Other than that, I do not think linking reviews on the Steam page before the game is out is rather fair.

Posted on February 3, 2014 at 7:13 am

Very excited for the release of this. Less than two weeks. Wish you all the best.

Thanks.

Just make sureto post some regular updates and patch notes. This will probably be required onthe Steam page to show activity and progress.

We're aiming to keep up with the roughly weekly updates that we've been doing so far for the closed beta along with a similar format of release notes. Update information will be posted here as well as on the steam community hub.

Other than that, I do not think linking reviews on the Steam page before the game is out is rather fair.

Fair enough, I do actually agree with commentators like Total Biscuit who don't believe you can call coverage of unfinished products a "review", but unfortunately the term often gets used as a catch-all for media feedback.

However, both us and Kalypso are keenly aware of the misconceptions some players have about the state of Early Access games and we're going to be releasing more material closer to launch to try and make sure that players know what they're getting.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 5, 2014 at 2:28 am

Oh sweet bout time :P Well i tend not to buy pre-releases games. but,
Shut up and take my money.
-Philip J Fry
Having other Hegemony games i know what you guys are cable off and how community orientated you guys are with out compromising the game it self, you have my faith it will be well worth it :)

Level 8 Human Dreamer
Posted on February 10, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Hey guys, Im wondering about the release on Steam. It seems that the beta posted is for all 64bit Win XP through Win 8 OS. Any plans to extend this to 32 bit systems as well as other OS? Also, will there be an option to purchase off your site and you'll give a steam key as you did with Hegemony Gold? Thanks, looking forward to it.

Posted on February 11, 2014 at 8:28 am

The Early Access version will be 64 bit only for launch, but we will be adding a 32 bit version some time before release. If you are running a 32 bit version of Windows, we recommend waiting until we announce official support.

Unfortunately, there are no plans at this time to release on any non-Windows platforms.

I can't guarantee anything right now, but it is likely the game will also be available on our site similar to the previous games.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 12, 2014 at 9:27 am

Any specific time today it will be released on Steam? :) I am super excited, been waiting for this game for a long time now! Woop woop

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 13, 2014 at 7:34 pm

It is out on Steam if you look under Early Access. Not quite finished yet, but still something to play. :)

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on February 23, 2014 at 8:37 pm

just curious, to get access to the Early Access do we have to buy the game on steam? and this gives you basically an open beta invite?

Level 4 Human gamer
Posted on March 21, 2014 at 1:46 pm

When is the full game out?