Skip navigation

Visible on steam

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Visible on steam
Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on January 31, 2014 at 10:05 am

I see you guys have got Hegemony Rome onto steam slated for open beta shortly. I am sure this has been in the cards for quite a while but I felt like some sort of congratulations were in order. Keep fighting the bugs and good luck with the open beta launch.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 31, 2014 at 11:44 am

Realase date 12/02/2014 or is the beta?i need it!

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on January 31, 2014 at 3:20 pm

The official announcement was intended to go out today, but as many have noticed now, Valve got the page up a little earlier than expected. As we've said before, we really do appreciate and enjoy working with the community and so the Early Access program is something we've been interested in since Valve first launched it.

However, it wasn't actually until after we launched the closed beta that we seriously thought about doing Early Access for Rome. With the great response and feedback from you guys, it was clear how beneficial it would be for the game to be able to continue working with players as we finish it up. So the guys over at Kalypso and us decided to do an Early Access launch so everyone who wanted to be involved could be.

Stay tuned as I will be posting more information soon on how all of this will affect the closed beta.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on January 31, 2014 at 3:29 pm

I know I shouldn't expect an answer but I have to ask.

Price? We live on a budget and being the end of the month this is the best time to account for it. Not knowing until the middle of the month could suck as I'd pretty much lose access until the end of Feb.

Unless the Beta is going to continue on for a while then just forget I asked and can deal with it later :)

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on January 31, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Unfortunately I can't get into pricing right now, but don't worry, everyone in the closed beta will automatically get the Early Access version and eventually the full release as well.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on January 31, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Well that is an excellent bit of news.