Skip navigation

Hegemony Rome - 1.9.99 rev 29217 x64

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Rome - 1.9.99 rev 29217 x64
Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on January 19, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Chapter 1:

Objective - Travel to Eporedia:
For this one I use my legion with Caesar attached to it. I could go straight to Eporedia avoiding any confrontation with the Salassi, but I chose to capture all three of their villages. Since the Salassi AI seems to be set to passive until you actually reach Eporedia, there was no resistance at all.

There is still that odd bug where a unit can pass through an enemy building while losing most of its soldiers.

There is a pathfinding bug when issuing a move order from the city of Lemincum to the farm south of Geneva. My worker unit just stood stuck at the edge of the city.

Objective - Helvetian allies:
All enemy units just stood outside my boundary (out of bounds). There was no way to attack them, and therefore no way to finish the chapter.

Chapter 2:

Diplomacy page tells me I am at war with SPQR

Attacking a fortified bridge (the one west of Noviodunum) with a siege tower causes a CTD.

I also had a CTD while attacking a city with a scorpion unit:
Error setting animation. Sync target state not found.
(Ent: scorpion, ID: 0, Tag: stance01_idlecombat01_to_dead01)

When sieging a city with a unit commanded by a general, the first one to die under enemy fire is the general itself. The general then immediately reappears again on the same spot until he dies again and so on.

Cant establish a “short” supply line between the farm north of Samarobriva and the bridge next to it.

Objective - Defeat the second nerviian ambushers:
Couldn’t complete this one either. all these enemy units were hiding in the city of Bagacum, which again, is outside my boundary.

Anyway, I would also like to ask if there is going to be a delete option for saved games.. would be nice.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on January 19, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Anyway, I would also like to ask if there is going to be a delete option for saved games.. would be nice

For now go to C:\Users\"User Name"\Saved Games and you can delete them.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 19, 2014 at 6:02 pm

For this one I use my legion with Caesar attached to it. I could go straight to Eporedia avoiding any confrontation with the Salassi, but I chose to capture all three of their villages. Since the Salassi AI seems to be set to passive until you actually reach Eporedia, there was no resistance at all.

Yeah, that's definitely a problem. I'll pass that along to Rick who's working on the campaign scripting now. We'll probably either put a block on capturing those, or make it so that if you do attack them early that will trigger their hostility early.

There is still that odd bug where a unit can pass through an enemy building while losing most of its soldiers.

I have an idea why that might happen, but I have duplicated it myself yet. Do you know somewhere on the map you can reliably replicate it.

There is a pathfinding bug when issuing a move order from the city of Lemincum to the farm south of Geneva. My worker unit just stood stuck at the edge of the city.

Yes, there is a general pathfinding bug for bridges or cities like Lemincum that have entrances in two different regions. We'll definitely be fixing this, but in the meantime you can usually get around it by giving your workers a waypoint closer to lemincum.

All enemy units just stood outside my boundary (out of bounds).

Yes, sometimes that AI gets cancelled causing enemies to get stuck. There are a few different reasons for this that we're working on, but one of the major ones is that some AI information isn't currently being saved causing them to get stuck when you reload. This is more likely when you save immediately after the enemies appear.

Diplomacy page tells me I am at war with SPQR

Yeah, the diplomacy screen has a lot of bugs.

Attacking a fortified bridge (the one west of Noviodunum) with a siege tower causes a CTD.

Thanks, I've filed the bug

More to come ...

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on January 19, 2014 at 10:03 pm

First off, it's great that now we can recruit units in the field.

'The proverbial but'

Video.

This is confusing.

As you can see, in one camp the legion could recruit (If you know, not so slow but I've mentioned that already) yet moving them one camp south, with a direct supply line and suddenly the recruitment is blocked.

You can also though somewhat briefly that the supply line is active and not blocked yet for some reason they refuse to recruit there. Only thing I can think of is the camp being out of wood with an upgrade in progress but surely that should not have any effect on recruitment from a different city?

Update: The construction finished, Legion still wouldn't accept recruits.

Another issue, again with Vireux in Chapter 3. Last time I had a CTD ordering units to garrison it. This time the game CTD when all I was doing was hovering the mouse over the city.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on January 20, 2014 at 4:45 am

I have an idea why that might happen, but I have duplicated it myself yet. Do you know somewhere on the map you can reliably replicate it.

I posted this in one of my emails. If this is the same issue I had then it is easiest to force when pathing through an enemy bridge. I've used the First Act tutorial for the easiest way to replicate it. The bridge north-east of bibracte when going to meet the Suebi.

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on January 20, 2014 at 9:16 am

At the beginning of chapter 1, right when you are given the objective to travel to Eporedia. Just select the legion or cavalry unit near Genava and issue a moving order to Eporedia. The default path will always make your unit go through the enemy village of Salassorum.

Posted on January 20, 2014 at 10:13 pm

I also had a CTD while attacking a city with a scorpion unit:
Error setting animation. Sync target state not found.
(Ent: scorpion, ID: 0, Tag: stance01_idlecombat01_to_dead01)

Fixed.

Anyway, I would also like to ask if there is going to be a delete option for saved games.. would be nice.<q/q>

It's on the TODO list.

As you can see, in one camp the legion could recruit (If you know, not so slow but I've mentioned that already) yet moving them one camp south, with a direct supply line and suddenly the recruitment is blocked.

It doesn't surprise me there are a few bugs still there. What you're doing should work and I'll take a look into it.

At the beginning of chapter 1, right when you are given the objective to travel to Eporedia. Just select the legion or cavalry unit near Genava and issue a moving order to Eporedia. The default path will always make your unit go through the enemy village of Salassorum.

Thanks, I've reproduced it now and will have it fixed in the next update

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 21, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Haven't had the chance to play for a couple or more days. I still cannot build bridges and i am having trouble building the fort on chapter 2 as well. Anyway to get past these things? ^^

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on January 21, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Tried chapter 3 today.

Starting off with 8 legions and 2 cavalry units might be a bit too much, considering there is only one farm nearby. I ran out of food in like 2 minutes.

Objective – Bridge the Rhenus:
The bridge was already built by the Suebi. I then captured it but that didn't do the job. I had to demolish the bridge and rebuild it again in order to complete the objective.

Objective – Burn 5 Menapian farms:
At least 3 of their cattle farms were not set as targets. It took a bit longer to complete.

Routed units that make it back to their home city apparently don't add to the recruits pool.

Soldiers that are being attacked by archers stay idle until the arrows hit them, even when the unit is on the move. It looks a bit odd.

At some point I had the “Path not found” message in the middle of the screen which just didn't go away.

Unfortunately my savegame got somehow corrupted. The game crashes when trying to reload. I will have to start over again.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 21, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Vorenus, have you had any issues with Vireux? It's just south of the bend of that first river.

I'm curious if the issues I keep having with that one particular city are on my end or not.

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on January 22, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Restarted Chapter 3. I beat 3 out of 4 of the enemy units at the beginning. Then pulled back because of lack of food. That one farm can't sustain my army. I've disbanded several of my starting units. I still can't go out and beat that final enemy unit somewhere, because as soon as I cross the bridge, I run out of food and morale. The situation becomes annoying if I fail at that first attack.

Also, one of my units got defeated but never captured by the enemy. I was able to build a camp with that defeated unit and it then went inside its own camp and just disappeared.

Posted on January 23, 2014 at 4:15 pm

I still cannot build bridges and i am having trouble building the fort on chapter 2 as well. Anyway to get past these things? ^^

Sorry if you've already answered this elsewhere, but just to confirm what's the problem with building bridges? Is it that the AI has already done it or is there a problem commanding your units to do it? I know that at the moment it's a little unintuitive that you need to right-click on the bridge.

Starting off with 8 legions and 2 cavalry units might be a bit too much, considering there is only one farm nearby. I ran out of food in like 2 minutes.

Yes, that will be fixed. Eventually you'll get most of those units as rewards as you progress through the chapter rather then getting them all at once at the beginning. Rick's working on polishing the chapters in order and is still working on chapter 1 right now.

Objectives – Bridge the Rhenus & Burn 5 Menapian farms

Thanks, I've added those to our bug database.

Routed units that make it back to their home city apparently don't add to the recruits pool.

I'll looking into that.

Soldiers that are being attacked by archers stay idle until the arrows hit them, even when the unit is on the move. It looks a bit odd.

Yes, that's a side effect of the animation syncing system which I'm hoping to fix when I get a chance

At some point I had the “Path not found” message in the middle of the screen which just didn't go away.

I haven't seen that before, but I filed a report and will keep an eye out for it.

Unfortunately my savegame got somehow corrupted. The game crashes when trying to reload. I will have to start over again.

Unfortunately we're still having some problems with savegames. If you want to send me the file and I can look into it and probably get it fixed for you.

Posted on January 23, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Also, one of my units got defeated but never captured by the enemy. I was able to build a camp with that defeated unit and it then went inside its own camp and just disappeared.

Oops. I've fixed this now for the next update: defeated units can no longer be used to construct buildings.

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on January 23, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Vorenus, have you had any issues with Vireux? It's just south of the bend of that first river.

I'm curious if the issues I keep having with that one particular city are on my end or not.

Had no issues with that city as far as I can remember.

So, here is my second attempt at Chapter 3. Found some new issues:

At some point, my screen turned completely black, except for the GUI. There was a lot going on at that time (huge battle). All I can remember is that I paused the game and then either zoomed out or clicked somewhere on the minimap before it happened.

My warship had some pathfinding issues when I sent it to the edge of the boundary near Britannian shores during the "Sail around the beaches of Dubris" objective. It got kinda stuck and I could not make it return to its home city.

When I reloaded a game where I had a warship built at Gesoriacum (I did this to confirm the previous bug), the "Sail around the beaches of Dubris" objective auto-completed, without me having explored that area.

After having conquered nearly a dozen Belgian cities. I literally sent everything I had to Britannia. I left no garrisons in any of my mainland cities to see if anything happens. Well, not a single one revolted and neither was I attacked by the enemy. I have to say though I was kinda impressed when I saw my ally capture an enemy city all by himself.

Chariot units have no combat animation.

When completing the "Defeat the Britannian coastal defense" objective, Caesars voice is missing when he says "Good, start stockpiling resources now, or else we wont withstand the winter". Instead, the console screen pops up, which i close with F2, but after that I cant close Caesars dialogue box.

Before attacking Dubris I noticed the AI had recruited 18 chariot units there in less than a minute.

Objective - Defeat the Britannian horde (0/6): I actually only had to defeat 3 cavalry units to complete this one. Again, a console screen pops up.

Objective - Return all your units to the mainland: this one auto-completed right after completing the previous objective, "Defeat the Britannian horde".
The boundary was relocated back to Belgium even though all my units were still in Britannia. I could not move any of my units at all. Because of this I didn't get any further.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 26, 2014 at 8:45 pm

I still cannot build bridges and i am having trouble building the fort on chapter 2 as well. Anyway to get past these things? ^^

Sorry if you've already answered this elsewhere, but just to confirm what's the problem with building bridges? Is it that the AI has already done it or is there a problem commanding your units to do it? I know that at the moment it's a little unintuitive that you need to right-click on the bridge

Yeah i was pressing left click for some reason all the time, good job me! No problem with right clicking!

Level 7 Human Master & Commander, HMS Spitfire
Posted on January 26, 2014 at 9:58 pm

In chapter 2, CTD when a the legions captured Asse:

GK2Exception: Error caching units for brigade (2694456, romanlegionbrigade). General brigade size !-1.ID31744072, Units:0 (It repeated when I tried the same again)

Also, I had some cavalry stuck near the red border between Nematacum and the (objective) fort on the Sabis. It wouldn't move--path not found--and was easy meat for the Nerviian attackers. The defeated remnants remain stuck there.