Skip navigation

Launch Info and a New Teaser!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Launch Info and a New Teaser!
Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 16, 2014 at 8:26 pm
Tagged: hegemonyrome launch trailer

We're excited to announce that Hegemony Rome will officially launch this spring as the premier title of Kalypso's new Kasedo Games label. Check out the new teaser video!

For more info visit our Rome site, or hit the forums to join the discussion on the ongoing beta.

Level 7 Human Misanthropic Aficionado
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on January 16, 2014 at 11:07 pm

To which livevil said,

"eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

And indeed it was.

Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 16, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Nice teaser trailer :)

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on January 17, 2014 at 8:32 am

Nice. I may have seen that a few times during the beta but it still gives me the odd shiver at the end. I'm getting hyped. :D

EDIT: Oh, and a big hearty congratulations to being the flagship of the Kasedo series games. That really is something.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on January 18, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Spring 2014 hurry up!

Also, does this mean that one of the 4 campaigns will be Romans vs Romans?

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on January 18, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Also, does this mean that one of the 4 campaigns will be Romans vs Romans?

Unfortunately not, the only Roman on Roman combat will be in the sandbox mode (or potentially a mod). We were a little concerned that the teaser would cause some confusion that the game follows the civil war rather than the gallic wars. We were always attracted to this story because it was such a pivotal point in Caesar's life but, because it's not very well known, both Kalypso and us liked the idea of using a more recognizable event to set it in context.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on January 18, 2014 at 6:56 pm

We can always hope that crossing the Rubicon and the events that follow will be DLC at some point right?

I know the fights were few and far between during this particular civil war yet I think you guys could pull it off with the 'fight your own way' like we had with Gold. Hell, you already have a map of Greece :) Italy and Egypt would be more akin to expansion type levels of work though =/

Another DLC idea could be the Sertorian war. Would be a whole new map again yet it is another one of those relatively obscure conflicts that isn't really in the public eye. Would be interesting to see if we could do better than Pius/Magnus, or hell even Sertorius, nothing says we have to be the victors right?

Mithridates of Pontus? Third Servile war? So many conflicts from the time period to choose from.

Level 7 Human Soldier
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on January 19, 2014 at 10:53 pm

cant wait to play. a new experience every time i play. Hegemony WOAG was cool I've been waiting for Rome for the last 2 years. its okay the more time is taken the more you guys find all the bugs. ill be waiting a little longer and in the mean time will be getting my skills up by playing Greece. if there's anything us players can do to help please let us know. game testers are out here.