Skip navigation

Unable to load save games

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Unable to load save games
Level 7 Human Misanthropic Aficionado
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on January 12, 2014 at 5:45 pm

I'm experiencing a problem where every time I try to load a certain campaign I encounter this error message:

An error occurred while running Hegemony.

An unrecoverable error occurred while loading scenario file 'C:/Users/KyleVan/Saved Games/Hegemon Gold/Athens - Archi.HegemonyGoldSaveGame'.

Error setting brigade region. Region not found at pos (0.00, 0.00) (117082, peltastbrigade)

After that message it prompts me to save a dmp file which I've done, though I don't know where to send it.

Mayday mayday, please and thank you, so on and so forth.

Edit: Sorry, this is for Hegemony Gold. That may have been obvious but I wanted to be clear.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 14, 2014 at 3:21 am

The problem is that you somehow got a troop in an invalid spot on the map. This most often happens when you've been toying around in the console, but we've had a handful of reports of this happening some other way that we haven't pinned down.

If you email me your saved game, I can fix it for you.

If you're feeling more hands-on, you can download a copy of FiatXML to decompress the saved game, delete brigade #117082 from the file, then recompress it and put it in your saved game folder with the correct extension.

Level 7 Human Misanthropic Aficionado
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on January 16, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Thank you, Rick. I'll try the hands on approach so I'll remember if it ever happens again.