Skip navigation

Rome Beta 1: Release Notes Update

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Rome Beta 1: Release Notes Update
Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 9, 2014 at 5:25 pm

I knew I'd forget a few things, so I'll try to keep this up to date with known issues.

1) Cutscene captions are not in sync yet. For the most part they are just lumped at the beginning of the scene.

2) Graphic configuration options should be avoided for now. We haven't thoroughly tested all of the various graphical configurations and so, with the exception of resolution and windowed mode, we recommend leaving them at the default levels. If your settings get corrupted, try deleting the settings.xml file in "user/app data/roaming/longbow digital arts/hegemony rome" folder.

3) Only 64 bit mode is currently supported. All of the initial testers chosen reported they were using 64 bit machines so this shouldn't be an issue.

4) The game frequently crashes on exit.

5) Alt-tabbing out of fullscreen mode is currently unstable and should be avoided. This may result in a crash or graphical corruption.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on January 9, 2014 at 7:56 pm

May be a good idea to include "Hit F2 to open the console. And then, with the bridge selected, type 'getselected():dismantle()' without the quotes and it should get rid of the bridge allowing you to rebuild it." as a temporary fix to the bridge issue in case others don't read Antiscamp's thread.

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on January 9, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Yeah, that trick did get me over the Arar, but now I'm stuck with the advisor covering much of the top of my left screen still telling me to construct that bridge.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on January 11, 2014 at 3:43 am

This is a small observation on my part, the tooltip window that pops up on the right when you mouseover something seems quite large. I am running 1920x1080 resolution and I just find that I try to avoid mousing over anything unless required since this big box just leaps out at me. I don't know if I am alone in this or if others feel the same?

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on January 11, 2014 at 4:20 am

It's kinda problematic. Sometimes when I mouseover a unit to the right of the screen, I get the pop-up. I can still click on and select the unit though, but it's really quite distracting, sometimes disturbing.

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on January 11, 2014 at 5:56 am

Thanks for the feedback on the tooltip. There are a number of things we could do to improve that. Most tooltips usually have a delay before they appear which might help soften the "shock" when they appear. We also had an idea awhile ago about opening them in stages so that just the title bar and stats appear first and then if you continue to hold the mouse over it expands to show the body text and details.

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on January 11, 2014 at 6:11 am

That idea sounds really cool, actually.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on January 12, 2014 at 9:26 am

It does sound good. Provided that the delayed information really isn't all that important. There are few things worse than looking for a specific piece of information and having artificial delay's holding you back.