Skip navigation

Hegemony Gold - Command of the Sea.

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Hegemony Gold - Command of the Sea.
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on January 7, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Noticed a problem in this particular playthrough. Admittedly the first time I've ever actually bothered to go for the entire map.

Specifically 'The Persian Fleet' quest in the PoM campaign.

Persia, those mighty bastards of old, haven't built a single goddamn Trireme!

It occurred to me that not once while taking their islands were my own Triremes ever attacked. Being the last quest I have I then decided to go check all their remaining coastal cities, nothing.

Am I just out of luck for completing this particular quest on this play through or is there a fix?

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 8, 2014 at 8:43 am

Assuming you haven't completely destroyed their economy, they should respond when you have triremes near their coastal cities. I've posted an example here.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 8, 2014 at 9:28 am

Hm I'll try parking a fleet nearby instead of scouting with single ships then, judging by the size of armies they are sending to attack me I guess their economy should be fine? They still have the southern half of their territory at this point. Unless all those land units constantly being used is the reason they can't afford Triremes.

Do I miss out on anything by not completing this last objective?

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 14, 2014 at 4:35 am

Not really. The reward is only 150 gold.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 14, 2014 at 4:48 am

Fair enough. Was hoping I wouldn't miss out on some nifty victory screen or story cinematic. Did like the way those were done, kind of a shame there are so few. Thanks Rick.