Skip navigation

Hegemony Gold launcher on Steam

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Gold launcher on Steam
Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 26, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Hi,

I bought Hegemony Gold on Steam recently. It's pretty fun. There is a problem though - when you run the game through Steam, the launcher appears. To get into the main game you have to click 'Play' in the launcher. This closes the launcher and starts the game. Steam recognises this as the game closing, so your status goes to 'Online' rather than 'In-Game: Hegemony Gold'. As a result, I have only 1 minute of play time listed through steam, and my friends never see me playing it.

I think it would really help with advertising if you fixed this. I often buy games that I see my friends playing, and they do the same. I'm sure that for many other people who use Steam it is the same, and also the sort of person who plays your game is likely to have friends who would enjoy it. If you see a bunch of people in your friends list playing something, you're likely to go buy it and play it yourself (humans are kind of sheep-like in this regard!) Hegemony on Steam isn't making use of this effect at all.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 4, 2014 at 6:36 am

I haven't been able to reproduce this; when I'm playing, it shows up just fine. Do you still experience this?

Has anybody else out there experienced this?

Level 8 Human Warchanter
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 4, 2014 at 11:37 am

Confirming that it does work.