Skip navigation

CTD - Triremes

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > CTD - Triremes
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on December 24, 2013 at 5:30 am

Ordering boats to "land" so you can order them to disembark but then trying to change to rotation of the formation causes a CTD with an error about the formation. Forgot the wording but it is repeatable.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 4, 2014 at 6:22 am

I tried to recreate this, but I haven't been able to. I posted a video here. Is that what you tried? Or am I missing something?

And of course, check the version number in the top-right corner of the title screen to make sure you're running 1.5.7.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 6, 2014 at 7:30 pm

1.5.7 rev 24962

Playing with the Steam version these days so out of date I guess is impossible.

The action you are attempting there is correct, the number of Triremes not. Sorry by 'boats' I did actually mean plural, I should have explained that. Specifically I had 4 Triremes, told them to beach. One of the boats was at an odd angle so I attempted to rotate the formation so they'd all line up directly. CTD as soon as I clicked and attempted to rotate the formation box.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 8, 2014 at 6:00 am
Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 8, 2014 at 7:39 am

Tried to record what exactly I was doing at the time this happened: End result below.

When this originally happened I was able to repeat the same thing 3 times with the same CTD result. Have long since overwritten that save file though. Went into a sandbox and recreated as best I could and it wasn't happening this time round.

May have just been a fluke with that one particular point? Sorry for the time waster, I'd assumed after it happened 4 times at the same point that it was some sort of bug, now realise it must have been some other issue at the time.