Skip navigation

Can i change what cities a faction starts off with in sandbox?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Can i change what cities a faction starts off with in sandbox?
Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 16, 2013 at 9:04 pm

is there a way to modify the files so i can change who gets what city? I really love Athens and love their empire, but i want to start off with Athens herself and conquer slowly like in the Macedon campaign. That would really truly be amazing. I'd love an asnwer from a dev team and if there is a way to do this, could you give me instructions? thanks:)

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on December 17, 2013 at 3:34 pm

The easiest way to do this would be to start the sandbox campaign as Athens, select one of the cities you don't want, open the console with the ~ key, and type:

capture selected Independent

This will make them independent, which makes them pretty easy to conquer. Alternatively, if you want to specify which faction to give the city to, use something like:

capture selected Sparta

The other nearby factions are 'ArgolisSandbox', 'Thebes', 'ChalcidianSandbox', 'ThraceWestSandbox', 'ThraceCentralSandbox', and 'Persia'.

When the input box in the console is active, you can use the up arrow key to recall your last command, making this process much faster.

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on December 17, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Thanks:) you guys are the best dev team, you guys always answer with great responses,

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on December 17, 2013 at 9:11 pm

This is working for some factions but not all. Like for example I will type "capture selected Persia" and will give what I have to Persia. When if I write for example "capture selected eastern odrysian kingdom" it says it doesn't recognize "eastern" or if I type the name without spaces it still doesn't recognize it. Help ?:)

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on December 17, 2013 at 9:34 pm

I fixed the problem, the name for it in the console was thraceseastsandbox. However this is happening with a lot f factions, would it be too much trouble to ask for a list of the console names? You guys are awesome and thanks for telling me about this:D

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on December 18, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Open the Resources/Entities/Campaigns/sandbox.xml file with a text editor; all the faction names are listed near the top of the file.