Skip navigation

rome pre-order

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > rome pre-order
Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 14, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Hiya,

As I am enjoying Hegemony alot, after discovering the game recently, I was wondering if there will be a pre-order for Rome available anytime soon?

Regards
Mupshig

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on September 16, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game. We haven't worked out yet what pre-purchase options might be available, but whatever there is it would be until much closer to release - closer to Christmas at the earliest.

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on November 25, 2013 at 8:55 am

I am also interested in pre-ordering.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on November 26, 2013 at 11:56 am

me to,maybe with early acces with steam ?jaja

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on November 26, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Aye Steam Early Access, you should do that.

Every other company wants us to pay to test their games. So why not one we actually want?

Level 21 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on December 2, 2013 at 9:41 am

At some point, we'd like to offer pre-orders, but the issue is complicated because of the relationship we have with our publisher. Although we have a great deal of potential control and autonomy in the relationship, it's important that we try to cooperate and work with them as much as possible, so that they remain enthusiastic.

We think that Hegemony Gold was a better game than the attention we were able to get for it. (attention = sales) All we can do is make Hegemony Rome as good a game as we can and hope that Kalypso will be a good publisher for us and do what a publisher does best... marketing and selling.

We'll work something out.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on December 2, 2013 at 10:21 am

I really believe that if you want the exposure these days without getting screwed by clueless idiots in suits then your best bet is to get the game into the hands of the larger YouTube gaming channels.

I'd once have said Steam front page would have been good enough, sadly though so much DLC and other crap gets spammed on it now that you'd be lucky to spend half a day in the first page of new releases.

While Kalypso are far from the worst kind of publisher, their reputation is hardly good either. I really do hope they put some real effort into marketing Rome and not just sit back and wait for their cut of the profits. With their recent release history of buggy/incomplete/outright broken games I worry the association with them may damage Romes chances in the eyes of your casual store browser.

Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 12, 2014 at 9:37 pm

I really believe that if you want the exposure these days without getting screwed by clueless idiots in suits then your best bet is to get the game into the hands of the larger YouTube gaming channels.

I'd once have said Steam front page would have been good enough, sadly though so much DLC and other crap gets spammed on it now that you'd be lucky to spend half a day in the first page of new releases.

While Kalypso are far from the worst kind of publisher, their reputation is hardly good either. I really do hope they put some real effort into marketing Rome and not just sit back and wait for their cut of the profits. With their recent release history of buggy/incomplete/outright broken games I worry the association with them may damage Romes chances in the eyes of your casual store browser.

Yep, what Bansh said. Having a positive video done by someone like Total Biscuit works wonders for attention.
Being on Steam definitely doesn't hurt either though.

Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on January 15, 2014 at 3:19 am

I believe Longbow is based in Toronto. If so, I'd love to get my copy right from the studio :)

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 15, 2014 at 6:24 am

Has a price been decided yet?

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on January 15, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Has a price been decided yet?

Not firmly yet, that stuff falls under Kalypso's juristiction

I believe Longbow is based in Toronto.

Yep, we're right above the Eaton Centre downtown (we're actually listed under the "Wendy McNally Art Gallery" because Wendy uses our wall space to show off some of her work) ... unfortunately, we don't have any immediate plans to make our own physical copies of Rome so we wouldn't be able to sell anything tangible. However, you're welcome to say hi if you're in the area, but I'll warn you that our officer hours are quite erratic.