Skip navigation

Archidamian War question

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Archidamian War question
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 12, 2013 at 4:07 am

Hi guys.

Trying the Archidamian War campaign for the first time. So far it's very fun. Trying to get your country under control after a devastating assault by the Spartans! My question is, is there any time 'limits'? In other words can I take my time going about the objectives or do I have to rush? So far I am just taking my time, but the opening cinematic said Athens can't fight a defensive war. Wasn't sure if I need to take that to heart or not.

Thanks!

Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on July 12, 2013 at 10:48 am

If you're able to defeat everything that crosses the Isthmus of Corinth and/or assaults from other factions that demand one of your cities: Relax!

!!!SPOILER---!DON'T-READ-IF-YOU-WANT-TO-FIND-IT-OUT-YOURSELF!---SPOILER!!!

You can't actually 'win' the scenario, because the end of the Archidamian War was the peace of Nicias, so if you want cities from the Peloponnesian League you will have to conquer them before you finish the objectives, but as the objectives give you access to Macedon as an ally and include a truce with the almighty (although not very aggressive) Odrysian Kingdom, you will be able to conquer the Greek world even better if you decide when exactly you want to make peace and which cities you want to stay under Peloponnesian rule.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 12, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Sounds good. I just wasn't sure if it would get progressively harder the longer I wait to complete objectives or not.