Skip navigation

does anyone else feel like food is broken?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > does anyone else feel like food is broken?
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 2:07 am

I've got 24 food coming into a city a week, no troops anywhere around, 0 food to feed the garrison and the food stays at 0/650 for the whole season of summer. I'm watching the ox carts leave from the farm and make it to the city, no food is going from the city to anywhere else

idk whats going on, seems broken

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 5:17 pm

The supply radius is slightly larger than the golden ring around the city that is displayed. Perhaps you have troops just outside this golden ring that perhaps even share their supply with a larger force (the 'food needed' number does not take into account the troops within supply range).
On the other hand the problem could be a larger force in a neighbouring city that cannot be fed with the other city's grain production. If another city is starving, even cities with very low food will give away their last supplies as long as the city is empty.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Out of curiosity, when you select the city and hold the mouse of the trade icon in the supply window, what does it show? If the city is pushing food to another city it should say in the tooltip. Unfortunately, as GiftGrun said, units resupplying from outside the city are not included in that calculation which can make it a little more confusing.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 11:50 pm

thanks fellas, pretty sure the problem was I had men sitting right outside the circle radius because I thought that they wouldn't take the food and that was exactly what they were doing. I moved them farther away and it's fine now

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on May 28, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Cool, glad to hear it's working. Making the supply system more transparent has been one of the primary goals of the changes we've made for Rome. In Rome, all of your objects have a trade panel which you can open up and see exactly where the supplies are going so at least this issue should no longer be a problem.