Skip navigation

Hegemony Gold - Box Game Patches

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Hegemony Gold - Box Game Patches
Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 26, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Hello,

I purchased a boxed game for the game HEGEMONY GOLD - WARS OF ANCIENT GREECE and I'm trying to find how I can patch the game to the latest version.
There is no auto-update button on the launcher or the game (unless I missed it) and I couldn't find anything on the kalypsomedia.com webpage.
I tried looking at your download center and it looked like I need to register in order to download patches.
I registered a new account (since the account i registered on the launcher didn't seem to work) and then clicked on the link "Did you purchase one of our games elsewhere? Click here to add it to your purchases."
On the next page I entered my serial number but I keep getting a message for an invalid serial number. The serial number is printed on the back of the manual and I was able to register the game on the launcher (and play).
Am I doing something wrong with the registration? (I entered the serial in the following form: HEG-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX and also tried without the HEG (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) to no avail).
PS: The letters were all capital and I used the "-" character to seperate the groups as shown in the back of the manual.

If an account isn't required could you point me to the page where I can download a patch for the boxed game version.

Thank you.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 27, 2013 at 2:06 am

If you purchased a boxed copy in a store or from a different web site than this one, then your copy was published by Kalypso, and they have a different registration system than us. You can tell you have a Kalypso edition because the serial codes are 28 characters long and start with 'HEG'.

From my understanding, the Kalypso launcher should be offering to update your copy of the game, but it doesn't seem to be doing that, so I'll ping Kalypso to see what's up.

In the meantime, the other option is to install the Kalypso version on your disc, and then install our demo over top of the Kalypso edition. Don't worry, you'll still have a full version of the game; this will just update the exe and data files to the latest version.

Level 4 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 27, 2014 at 7:54 pm

If you purchased a boxed copy in a store or from a different web site than this one, then your copy was published by Kalypso, and they have a different registration system than us. You can tell you have a Kalypso edition because the serial codes are 28 characters long and start with 'HEG'.

From my understanding, the Kalypso launcher should be offering to update your copy of the game, but it doesn't seem to be doing that, so I'll ping Kalypso to see what's up.

In the meantime, the other option is to install the Kalypso version on your disc, and then install our demo over top of the Kalypso edition. Don't worry, you'll still have a full version of the game; this will just update the exe and data files to the latest version.

Dear Rick,

my attempt at an update resulted in not being able to play the game at all. even the beta mod is asking for a product key (which I already entered the first time around and which is no longer recognised after the update).
posted about the problem here: http://www.longbowgames.com/forums/topic/?id=3292&start=0#post27632

thanks