Skip navigation

Hegemony Philip of Macedon: Alexander The Great

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Philip of Macedon: Alexander The Great
Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 18, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Hello there,

I was wondering in what mission does Alexander The Great come as a general for the Macedonia and is there a way to make him come earlier into the campaign?

Thanks,

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on March 18, 2013 at 6:29 pm

He only comes in when you complete all of the hegemony objectives, when you win the scenario basically. You can continue playing though and finish all the side quests or just conquer the map if you like.

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on March 19, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Aaah that is a shame, I was hoping he would come earlier in the campaign, but nevermind.

Is there any way Alexander can "spawn" earlier, by scripting or modding etc etc?

Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on March 19, 2013 at 9:08 pm

He is the same general as Philip, just with another name and picture, but has the same functionality ("Bring Philip to XYZ!" becomes "Bring Alexander to XYZ!") and the same general skills.

Level 5 Human gamer
Posted on March 19, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Thanks, I am going to sound very picky, but I would prefer to have Alexander The Great in the game as I am a bigger fan of him (I know the game is called "Philip Of Macedon", but you know :D), so is there a way to insert him in place of Philip?

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on March 20, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Yes. Win the game! :-P

Oh, you mean, another way? You could search in the depths of this forum to find a console command that begins with addbrigade and has several parameters, one of them has to be the faction, one the home city, one the "container" (the city the brigade will stay in after the command) and one the brigade type. The general's brigade is (afair) generalbrigade, but I think Alexander had a special one (that possibly makes him stronger or faster or) simply because he has a separate picture...

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on March 20, 2013 at 9:35 pm

If you win the game there will still be mighty Persia around for Alexander to conquer with several objectives still left to do with several hours worth of gameplay left ;).

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on March 27, 2013 at 4:59 pm

It would actually be interesting to see Alexander earlier as an extra general since he was a part of his father's wars before he came to power. I can understand wanting to keep the focus on Philip though. People often don't give much credit to Philip but without his innovations and conquests Alexander may have had a very different life.