Skip navigation

Crashing when I zoom in on the Abydos area

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Crashing when I zoom in on the Abydos area
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on March 14, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Like my title says, the game crashes when I zoom into the Abydos area. It happened first when the Persians were raiding and I went to deal with it but I couldn't figure out what was causing the crash (lots going on at the same time). I kept saving as I got farther and finally figured it out, I can crash the game as many times as I want simply by zooming in there. The raiders left and the crash is still occurring when I zoom in. I created a dump files off of one of the crashes. Any one else experienced a bug like this? Anything I can do? Should I just avoid zooming in there? I can zoom in on other areas of the map without problem still.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on March 14, 2013 at 7:20 pm

On further examination its the entire western coast of Anatolia. Whatever the two cities are there on the west and south coast have no units in them and (considering that I took Abydos from Persia) this seems unusual. Something about that whole region is bugged and crashing the game if I try to zoom into them.

While I'm here...why on earth won't Persia build boats? No matter how many games I play Persia never builds a boat in the Philip campaign.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on March 14, 2013 at 8:20 pm

The AI seems to only build ships if they have a good target for an amphibious assault or while your ships are passing by. Didn't you always want to make a boat tour along the Persian coastline? :-D

No idea about your crash problem though. Sorry!

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on March 27, 2013 at 4:55 pm

That's worked in the past, and it still does with Athenian cities that hadn't built any boats yet. But I can sail up and down the coast all day and the Persians won't build any boats. Some of their favorite places to raid, such as Lemnos and Lesbos have been mine for a really long time and still they won't build a boat.