Skip navigation

Sandbox special units and leaders

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Sandbox special units and leaders
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 7, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Hi,
Playing sandbox I have noticed that some factions start with their special units (Macedonia, Thebes, Athens)
BUT not Sparta! (spartiates)
Can I produce them later on? do they appear by event? Or are the spartan hoplites all special units, being the strongest :)
Macedonia starts out with only 2 leaders. Is it possible to get more, like in the scenario?

Best regards...

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on March 7, 2013 at 10:34 pm

...after reading some pages back on the forum, I found my answer regarding the special units.
Regarding the lack of macedonian generals in sandbox, I tried to find them in globals.xnt and sandbox.xml, so I could add them somehow by modding. But I cant find them. Anyone know where to find these generals?
Best regards...

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on March 9, 2013 at 3:47 am

Generals can be added with the following script command:

addgeneral generalbrigade -initiative 2 -heroics 4 -logistics 2 -engineering 0 -name Coenus::NAME

If you want to find all the brigades which are rewarded, go into the Resources/Entities/Quests/Philip folder, and search all the files for 'rewardbrigade'.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on March 9, 2013 at 11:32 am

Generals can be added with the following script command:

addgeneral generalbrigade -initiative 2 -heroics 4 -logistics 2 -engineering 0 -name Coenus::NAME

If you want to find all the brigades which are rewarded, go into the Resources/Entities/Quests/Philip folder, and search all the files for 'rewardbrigade'.

Hi Rick,
Thanx for the reply. Its just what I needed to make some roleplaying. Great game!
Cant wait to see what H-rome will bring of great features :)
Best regards...

Level 6 Human Gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on May 27, 2013 at 6:03 am

How to you add generals exactly?

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on May 27, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Just open the console with the ~ key and type the command I mentioned above. It will spawn the general at the location you're currently looking at.

Level 6 Human Misanthropic Aficionado
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on August 4, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I was recently playing a Thracian campaign and for role playing purposes wanted to add Alcibiades and Sitalces to my campaign. I found this thread to do that, but the command does not work. The script console doesn't return any error feedback so it appears to accept it, but neither general appears where I'm looking. I checked my assets list to ensure they hadn't appeared anywhere else. To test it I copied Rick's example exactly and found that Coenus wouldn't appear either.