Skip navigation

In the Shadow of Mount Olympus not unlocking

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > In the Shadow of Mount Olympus not unlocking
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on February 23, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I think I might have seen this issue mentioned before, but I can't find it on the forums.

Anyway, I'm playing the main campaign, and I'm still in the early stages. While dealing with Olooson and Heracleum had rebelled and were now under my control. At this point, I still hadn't taken Methone and Pydna, and I hadn't unlocked the "In the Shadow of Mount Olympus" objective. Sadly, it now turns out that the objective remains undiscovered, even after taking Pydna and Methone (and tearing down their walls), as well as the nearby shrine. Is there any way to get the objective to unlock, or am I just doomed to restart?

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 23, 2013 at 11:32 pm

That's odd. It should be discovered as soon as you discover the Pieria or Vale of Tempe regions.

In any case, you can always force the objective to be discovered by opening the console with the ~ (tilde) key and typing this command:

discoverobjective IntheShadowofMountOlympus

(Note the lowercase "the" and "of".)

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on February 24, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Thanks for responding. I couldn't figure out how to bring up the console, so I just started a new game. No big deal, since I was still in the early game.

From what I can tell, those regions where discovered when Dion and Heracleum rebelled and reverted to Macedonian cities, but since I didn't move any units into those regions, the discovery didn't trigger the objective. When I later moved units in there, the objective didn't trigger, because the regions where already discovered. That's my theory, at least. Let me know if you want the save. :)