Skip navigation

Modding Challenge!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Modding Challenge!
Level 11 Human Writer & Computer Consultant
Alignment: Good
Posted on January 7, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Proposed Name of Mod: Santa Bomb
Premise: When fired, it zooms upward (like LDA's Revenge) bursts into multiple warheads that seek out targets using my Black Plague's guidance and when it hits... (wait for it!) ... grant HP, random bolt-on (if the tank hasn't one), fills the pea-shooter (12 shells) and doubles bolt-on ammo.

Any takers?

Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 8, 2013 at 6:54 am

Proposed Name of Mod: Santa Bomb
Premise: When fired, it zooms upward (like LDA's Revenge) bursts into multiple warheads that seek out targets using my Black Plague's guidance and when it hits... (wait for it!) ... grant HP, random bolt-on (if the tank hasn't one), fills the pea-shooter (12 shells) and doubles bolt-on ammo.

Any takers?

maybe, but i was thinking of THE WRATH OF SANTA

anybody who gets the weapon will have a little santa doll on the tank turret

when fired, he's thrown onto the ground, out of anger for being a bad person he uses his magic, then grows in size into a giant then fires coal bombs at everyone until he blows himself up and disappears

it will be like WRATH OF THE DRAGON OR DRAGONS BREATHE

current generation mesh software can do this, its rather simple, and hella cool :)

my idea, so you credit me now :)

Posted on January 14, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Star Striker stated,i was thinking of THE WRATH OF SANTA

when fired, he's thrown onto the ground, out of anger for being a bad person he uses his magic, then grows in size into a giant then fires coal bombs at everyone until he blows himself up and disappears

current generation mesh software can do this, its rather simple, and hella cool :)

LOL! Well, I think you can see the concept I had being unusual; it's basically a weapon that grants powerups. (Can you see how difficult it could make getting kills in deathmatchs? LOL!)

Your idea, OTOH, also has merit, primarily in a "Causes serious chaos!" way. I do tend to like your idea also.

Posted on January 17, 2013 at 7:37 am

Star Striker stated,i was thinking of THE WRATH OF SANTA

LOL! Well, I think you can see the concept I had being unusual; it's basically a weapon that grants powerups. (Can you see how difficult it could make getting kills in deathmatchs? LOL!)

Your idea, OTOH, also has merit, primarily in a "Causes serious chaos!" way. I do tend to like your idea also.

i like your idea as well don't get me wrong

but that idea has been done before

i don't know if your a mod noob and never heard of flying tanks and cookie dough :) as that's exactly what your thinking of

only if you can get much more creative than that and top that outdated concept would i be willing to make such a mod

as though i like your idea better, its not much different. i would rather make a tank then that as its not as much of boring concept

i am looking for new and creative ways to make mods since i have been here since 2005 and have listened to chatter of modding and took part in a few discussions with random chaos, kv, Killer and many well known modders as well as forgotten ones like TBI>NEMESIS> and myself

one of those discussions were flying tanks and cookie dough, which you can look back on here on lda

before you suggest ideas, take a history trip, there were many failed experiments discontinued ideas, and goals never made here on lda. many i have scraped and remade into something new in my VORTEX CATASTROPHE mod pack

when its finished it will feature a Tread Marks 2.0 feel, moving maps, world sized levels, new enemies and tank feats, even custom scenario maps

Posted on January 17, 2013 at 8:15 am

Star Striker stated,i like your idea as well don't get me wrong

i don't know if your a mod noob and never heard of flying tanks and cookie dough :) as that's exactly what your thinking of
Not exactly. Consider the fact that mine starts as a weapon, not a powerup, and is therefore preventable. Not to mention FT&CD doesn't gift everyone at one go! LOL

What I find boring (or even seriously annoying) is the fact that some of the downloadable weapons I've seen are so similar as to be all but identical. Powerups are relatively few and far between; with a very few exceptions, most of those are seriously snore-worthy as well.

When I found that Death by Darkness had a cruise-missile type weapon that all but duplicated my own efforts (although mine seems more accurate and therefore more deadly) I nearly threw the towel in and deleted the (then) v0.1.0 concept. Glad I didn't, in retrospect, even if the Black Plague (and Fireowl7's Rapid Cruiser) can theoretically bog the heck outta a server.

To be honest, Fireowl7 originally didn't want his mod out (as he was mainly competing with me to (and I quote) "make a weapon deadlier than the Black Plague". Me? I'm pretty happy with the Black Plague (and Red Death) concept as it exists now, and reverting both to the LDA cruise missile's spawn sound ("Dodge this!") would effectively convert them back to true SSO.

BTW: My newest mod, the Red Death, may look semi-familiar. It's based heavily off v0.2.5 of my Black Plague (and is SSO!), but seems more suited to distance sniping, since it is ultra-fast. While it can (and does) track, its forté seems to be primarily straight shots. Considering finding the code to put the laser-beam on the nose of the weapon, in fact.

Posted on July 20, 2017 at 9:18 am

Star Striker stated,i like your idea as well don't get me wrong

Not exactly. Consider the fact that mine starts as a weapon, not a powerup, and is therefore preventable. Not to mention FT&CD doesn't gift everyone at one go! LOL

What I find boring (or even seriously annoying) is the fact that some of the downloadable weapons I've seen are so similar as to be all but identical. Powerups are relatively few and far between; with a very few exceptions, most of those are seriously snore-worthy as well.

When I found that Death by Darkness had a cruise-missile type weapon that all but duplicated my own efforts (although mine seems more accurate and therefore more deadly) I nearly threw the towel in and deleted the (then) v0.1.0 concept. Glad I didn't, in retrospect, even if the Black Plague (and Fireowl7's Rapid Cruiser) can theoretically bog the heck outta a server.

To be honest, Fireowl7 originally didn't want his mod out (as he was mainly competing with me to (and I quote) "make a weapon deadlier than the Black Plague". Me? I'm pretty happy with the Black Plague (and Red Death) concept as it exists now, and reverting both to the LDA cruise missile's spawn sound ("Dodge this!") would effectively convert them back to true SSO.

BTW: My newest mod, the Red Death, may look semi-familiar. It's based heavily off v0.2.5 of my Black Plague (and is SSO!), but seems more suited to distance sniping, since it is ultra-fast. While it can (and does) track, its forté seems to be primarily straight shots. Considering finding the code to put the laser-beam on the nose of the weapon, in fact.

by the way, if your around the forums, i just setup a server with black plague 1.0.5 and i am back working on finish some of my old mods in that project.

i get so distracted or precoupied with other things then Tread Marks i never get anything done.

its also hard to stay interested when....the community is mostly dead, i remember when i was younger how inspired i was to make my first mod, the Bio-Arlo T27 and everyone wanting to check it out.

i knew little to nothing, and didn't notice that the turrents glitched with the name wrong. made a box with a sword like tip......all the way back in 2005-06

since i have learned for 10 years playing single player making mods....getting better overtime.

i was pretty poor, could never buy the full version...had really bad internet, clearwire which even when i got a full version from a lost friend on the forums under the alias: Blackadder, i couldn't play with anyone, or join the clans, only converse on the forums.

the version worked in single player didn't work online, missed files like tanks etc. TM being open source was like a childhood dream back then.

i refuse to let TM die, being the youngest of all the die hard fans twice my age still kicking and i have always been frusterated with LDA not marketing and updating Tread Marks to the younger generation choosing to spend 90% of thier time on Hegemony instead ( new and for money obviously) which is fine, the game is good, but i don't care for it.....many RTS games out there like warcraft. nothing special to me, what-so-ever.

how many vehicle combat games left or being made?.....Than that....awful twisted metal,XBOX failure Vigilante 8 and omg TM ripoffs, World Of Tanks, various WWII tank like games.

all the other good games of this kind, i grew up with, Vigilante 8, Interstate 76 and Road Rash are all dead and will never return.

all the game companies, selling out to the pop genres of gaming, Need for speed, Command and conquer, Dumb mobile app games like Candy Crack, Call Of Doody, Hal the o....

all are just, boring modern rehashes of anciant turds nobody gets tired of. money, business and competition. no soul....i'll just play unreal tournament, starcraft....or gran turismo.

.....anyways, enough with my rants ;)

going to finish my mods, let me know, if you wanna collab on something.