Skip navigation

Possible logic bug found

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Possible logic bug found
Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 2, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Hi,

In the Philip of Macedonia campaign, I successfully overran Peira and captured all of the towns including Pydna. In Methone there is a Scolar named Craterus (or something like that) who has knowledge of Triremes. I did not get an objective message straight away but figured I could move him to Pella anyway and he would be there when the message showed up. Well, he moved to Pella and disappeared. The message eventually showed up but when I click on the arrow to center on him, ntohing happens. I suspect he was not supposed to show up until the objective was activated. It's not a deal killer though I am a little miffed that I am land bound now! :-D

John

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on January 2, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Normally, the scholar Agathon is placed in Methone as soon as you dismantle Methone's city walls. "Punish Methone" is the objective that needs to be cleared to get him and the "Trireme technology" objective (at the same time).

To get the trireme technology you need Agathon from Methone AND another scholar from Olynthus ("Insolence Demands Destruction"). Perhaps you have not got him to Pella yet? If you have unlocked the trireme technology objective, is "Move Agathon to Pella" already crossed out? The fact that centering on Agathon does nothing is only an indicator that he has already despawned. Perhaps you want to spawn him right into Pella. I don't know how exactly the game distinguishes between one scholar and another - the brigade type is the same, perhaps by home city? - but you may want to try to spawn him using the console command:

addbrigade Agathon -faction Macedonia -home Methone -container Borboros

This should spawn Agathon in Borboros only some steps away from Pella. If he isn't called Agathon perhaps this:

addbrigade scholarbrigade -faction Macedonia -home Methone -container Borboros

could help.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on January 2, 2013 at 8:59 pm

I must have the name wrong. I was doing it off the top of my head. So, it is the guy that spawns when you tear down the walls of Methone. If you are saying that there may be another bit I need to do, that is possible. I've mostly been knee deep in Tyrants of late so I did not get a chance to fully explore that possibility. I'll probably have a little time to explore my options. Thanks for the help.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 2, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Is there an active objective called "Trireme technology" on the right side of your screen?

If not, look in your mission log (normally L) if there is an active objective group Command of the Sea (the pillar for that objective should be somewhere around the islands east of Pherae). It should say "0/4 objectives completed", but not "undetected".

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on January 3, 2013 at 2:21 am

So the objective I have is "Move Callistratus to Pella". So, Agathon is "gone" and I did not get any trireme tech.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 3, 2013 at 10:57 am

You need Agathon from Methone AND Callistratus from Olynthus before you can build any triremes.

Does your objective look like that?

Click!

With "Move Agathon ..." crossed out and "Move Callistratus ..." active?

Then everything is normal and there is no bug. Not every objective pops up at the right side of the screen. Perhaps you have already noticed the mission log available by clicking "L" or onto the "Click here to get more objectives" button at the bottom of the list at the right. Only very important objectives or those you have already started to fulfill are shown directly on the screen. So Agathon spawned as he should have done and you got the Trireme technology objective correctly, but it wasn't shown until you moved Agathon to Pella (so he could despawn and the objective was partially completed). Then as you have already fulfilled part of the objective the Trireme technology is shown and Callistratus is needed.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on January 3, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Yeah. After looking more closely at the objectives, I can see better how they are formatted. There is a major objective and then the minor bits. I was taking this as just a simple grouping. Now I know that the major objective is actually completed after all the minor bits are done! :D

So yes. The first is crossed off but I believe I have to take Olynthus first, which is why I cannot get Callistratus.

Definitly have mastered the strategy of the game though. The borders are pretty secure and i am able to beat the Tyrants of..whatever...around easily.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 11, 2013 at 11:15 am

you never master the game
the game masters you.