Skip navigation

Ice Wars! 2012

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Ice Wars! 2012
Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 31, 2012 at 4:54 am

Hello longbow and TM Lurkers

i have decided to re-run Ice Wars! for the new years! and the month of January!

for those who missed my Christmas Server From 2009 check Here!

here is the updated download link :)

for those who need the zipped version click here

Ice Wars is the new updated holiday pack featuring TM HOLIDAY PACK 2009, Alternate Tank Skins, EVERY WINTER MAP EVER MADE INCLUDING STOCK
ALL HOLIDAY WEAPONS + TANKS AND ITS OWN CHRISTMAS MODS (Blarizar Ice Tank .Etc)

if you like this mod you are welcome to host it, just be sure to message me first

if you'd like to make my mod collection a Christmas tradition go ahead and bother KV with thousands of requests to replace TM Holiday Pack :)

And why not convince KV? the Ice Wars! Pack contains THE WHOLE ENTIRE TM Holiday Pack AND HAS EVEN MORE WINTER MODS!!!

Level 13 Human bookkeeper
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 31, 2012 at 7:01 am

does one need to register with qshare in order to download?
the only active links were ones to register with their service.

Posted on December 31, 2012 at 7:41 am

sorry bout that, problem solved :)

Level 12 Human Writer & Computer Consultant
Alignment: Good
Posted on January 2, 2013 at 3:07 am

Okay, installed the Ice Wars pack, and can't get rid of/disable it. It seems hidden, yet active! Weird stuff.

The way my system is setup, TreadMarks is in a directory not protected by Windows. (for that matter, Linux doesn't protect any of the directories in your home directory either) So, where is it stored? Very confusing stuff here. Still looking for it.

[Update: Found it. Somehow, TM can see an addons directory pretty much whatever case the directory name is in, even in Linux. Weird stuff. Now I can safely disable the entire pack without reinstalling it later. (by moving it to a directory that contains many many addon packs already in Addons directories.)

Now if I just had a copy of TM Mod Manager in a form PlayonLinux understands; it doesn't play well with anything just copied into the directories. Would need it to have an installer...)]

Posted on January 2, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Be aware that File-Works will DELETE the ZIP file after 10 downloads. At least for the free-usage version of their site.

Posted on January 4, 2013 at 11:51 am

Be aware that File-Works will DELETE the ZIP file after 10 downloads. At least for the free-usage version of their site.

i am aware of that, its a temporary fix for sharing, need to spend more useless digging time to replace minus.

i wish Random Chaos or SOMEBODY could host my mods with all the other ones posted on TM mod based site

Okay, installed the Ice Wars pack, and can't get rid of/disable it. It seems hidden, yet active! Weird stuff.

The way my system is setup, TreadMarks is in a directory not protected by Windows. (for that matter, Linux doesn't protect any of the directories in your home directory either) So, where is it stored? Very confusing stuff here. Still looking for it.

[Update: Found it. Somehow, TM can see an addons directory pretty much whatever case the directory name is in, even in Linux. Weird stuff. Now I can safely disable the entire pack without reinstalling it later. (by moving it to a directory that contains many many addon packs already in Addons directories.)

Now if I just had a copy of TM Mod Manager in a form PlayonLinux understands; it doesn't play well with anything just copied into the directories. Would need it to have an installer...)]

this pack was built to be used by itself, and simplified for computer illiterate users who use windows (the platform TM was built Under)

if your a mac\linux user, you need to use the 7zipped version!

NOTE: i also made the .exe version for people that are toooooo lazy to mess with wine-piss or crap-weaver for hours and hours.....

the easy way to setup ice wars! is rename (your current addons directory) to addons0, and make new directory (addons) and install by extracting it there

then pick and pull your mods from addons0

if you have trouble, complain on wine\cross-weaver forums as it should be that easy :)

if you want your emulator to work, you can figure it out. isn't hard as i've done that before.

if you play games and use linux, your better off dual booting windows with linux. or else you'll waste up to 24 hours of valuable time on average, that could be better spent at the park or in the gym :)

Posted on January 6, 2013 at 1:38 am

if you want your emulator to work, you can figure it out. isn't hard as i've done that before.

if you play games and use linux, your better off dual booting windows with linux. or else you'll waste up to 24 hours of valuable time on average, that could be better spent at the park or in the gym :)

LOL! Well, TreadMarks worked first try, even though there is no script to install it in PlayonLinux. As for Windows? I have a dual-boot system (came with Win7 Home Premium x64; added Linux Mint to try to extend the time I could edit stuff. It succeeded beyond my expectations; was getting > 7 hours(!) from the battery under Linux Mint 9 while Win7 was barely getting 2 hours under identical load.

In general, if a program has a Windows Installer (or other installation system) based installer, PlayonLinux can figure it out. The success rate of unpacking (say) TM Mod Manager directly to the TreadMarks install is dismally low, although nobody on the WINE or PlayonLinux forums can explain why. (so yeah, been trying to chase down the reasons for a while now.)

My laptop often doesn't have AC, since my power block went out, and we're down to 2 AC blocks for 3 Toshiba Satellite-based laptops.

Also: I already have 22 different Addons folders...including Death by Darkness, my server's original setup, TreadMarks HQ and a few other megapacks (including Ice Wars 1.3 now).

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on January 6, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Dragon's Breathe...LOL
What is the pic of?

what is it

Level 13 Human bookkeeper
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 7, 2013 at 5:49 am

i wish Random Chaos or SOMEBODY could host my mods with all the other ones posted on TM mod based site

well... it's not a problem for me to host your files,
just put them some where that i can get to them,
and they can all go on this page, which will always be there.
http://www.hallsted.org/org-downloads/star-striker/

evidently, my hosting provider has not configured/recognized the 7z format for downloading...
so i switched ice wars to a normal zip file, which downloads as one would expect.

toodles,
harmless
:)

Posted on January 8, 2013 at 6:46 am

LOL! Well, TreadMarks worked first try, even though there is no script to install it in PlayonLinux. As for Windows? I have a dual-boot system (came with Win7 Home Premium x64; added Linux Mint to try to extend the time I could edit stuff. It succeeded beyond my expectations; was getting > 7 hours(!) from the battery under Linux Mint 9 while Win7 was barely getting 2 hours under identical load.

In general, if a program has a Windows Installer (or other installation system) based installer, PlayonLinux can figure it out. The success rate of unpacking (say) TM Mod Manager directly to the TreadMarks install is dismally low, although nobody on the WINE or PlayonLinux forums can explain why. (so yeah, been trying to chase down the reasons for a while now.)

My laptop often doesn't have AC, since my power block went out, and we're down to 2 AC blocks for 3 Toshiba Satellite-based laptops.

Also: I already have 22 different Addons folders...including Death by Darkness, my server's original setup, TreadMarks HQ and a few other megapacks (including Ice Wars 1.3 now).

well, it makes me happy you have my pack as well :)

i used to use tm mod manager but nowadays i just extract manually then make my own self extracting .exes :)

then install and remove what i need, without using a program for it :)

Dragon's Breathe...LOL
What is the pic of?

what is it

Remnants of The Dragon's spirit flame!

i'd love for you to re-tape ice wars GA666 if you could

well... it's not a problem for me to host your files,
just put them some where that i can get to them,
and they can all go on this page, which will always be there.
http://www.hallsted.org/org-downloads/star-striker/

evidently, my hosting provider has not configured/recognized the 7z format for downloading...
so i switched ice wars to a normal zip file, which downloads as one would expect.

toodles,
harmless
:)

well, i greatly appreciate that harmless!, i have a lot of stuff to send for uploading

thanks for the zip heads up, i'll make .zip files from now on

i also will send VORTEX CATASTROPHE BETA your way. it is at least 352 MBS compressed

about 65o mbs un-compressed :)

now that my internet war has been won, on my spare time i will complete my projects that i have wanted to share with everyone here on longbow

kinda a shame soooo many members left when i first began my project,m or else i'd be a well known modder like KV, Random Chaos, and others

one of my biggest inspirations was TBI>NEMESIS which i made my first mod tank based on his ARLO T27 called BIO ARLO T37 or something like that

it was never finished, lost the data, but i will re-make it and improve it in its former glory......again sorry bout the rant :)

i have plans to make a new generation of map which have never been done before, so when i have time i'll post it :)

i will prove to those who left that TM has not been FULLY modded;)..........