Skip navigation

HEGEMONY: ROME

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > HEGEMONY: ROME
Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 28, 2012 at 2:51 am

Sorry if this has been asked before, or mentioned on this forum, but I'm just wondering if the Greek City states such as Macedonia, Sparta, Athens etc will feature in the new Hegemony Rome game?

It would be nice to recreate the battles between the Roman Legions against the Macedonian Phalanx.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on December 28, 2012 at 5:06 pm

No the new game is in france and upper italy mostly. It is in the time before Gaius crossed the Rubicon

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on December 29, 2012 at 11:09 am

-

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on December 29, 2012 at 11:12 am

That's a shame. Hopefully the future expansion pack for the Rome game, can have a map of Greece aswell, so you can pit Rome against Macedon.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on December 29, 2012 at 11:13 am

That's a shame. Hopefully the future expansion pack for the Rome game, can have a map of Greece aswell, so you can pit Rome against Macedon.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 12, 2013 at 2:10 pm

I would hope there could be a chance in the future fight the battles of Lucullus and Pompey the Great in Asia. Gauls seem a bit boring compared to Pontics, Persians and Armenians. There were Galatians there, distant kin to the Gauls.

Will there be any attempt to represent the Battle of Alesia on the battleground? Probably not, but please keep release screenshots as soon as you can.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on January 12, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Imo, the Hegemony series gives you every freedom to play as you like. To force the player to fight some specific battle just because it would be historically correct (or amazing), isn't part of that freedom. But there actually IS the freedom to play as historically correct as you want to.

Level 6 Human Keen gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 16, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I guess we all are looking forward to the release of Hegemony: Rome and have ideas for future games to be developed in the series. Alexander's campaign, the Wars of Succession, Punic wars, Spartacus' revolt are just a few we can suggest. In the end it comes down to what the designers are interested in and can deal with. This is a great system and I'm looking forward to what may come. Keep up the great work Longbow Games!

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on January 17, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Alexander's victorious campaign was more like the AI's raids: He went there, took everything that he thought he could need and left without even trying to conquer the lands behind him. So, you would need a huge map for about 20-50 battles and provinces as big as the whole "Philip of Macedon" map.

Spartacus and the Gladiators' uprising could be something like a nice, little tutorial, I think, but there would be problems. My personal idea was to implement something like an optional "Senate" feature: To increase the difficulty in Caesar's campaign, the Senate gives him time-constraint targets to conquer, tells him to disband all (but X) mercenary units / to send all (but X) Roman legionary units to Rome. Or the Senators want temporary (or even permanent) gold tribute. Or Caesar's opponents try to intrigue against him and (due to popularity loss) your troops suffer a morale penalty unless Caesar goes to Rome (alone, of course) to defend himself against the defamation (of course, also this time-dependant). So missions that need Caesar himself like the colonizations in Ph.o.M. had to be postponed or you would lose every single battle.