Skip navigation

Registering My Game

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Registering My Game
Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on December 26, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I just got the game Hegemony Gold and tried to play it. I loaded the game up from the steam demo (I remember the launcher having a registration option.) So I clicked on Register and typed in the product key. I get a message that tells me it is invalid. I tried with "HEG-" without it but I can't figure how to fix this answer so I play the full game instead of the demo. Does anyone know the solution or where I can find a answer? Thanks!

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on December 26, 2012 at 4:27 pm

How exactly did you buy Hegemony Gold? In the boxed version? Then you have to install the game, launch the UNPATCHED game once (there should be a registration window popping up), and after that, install the latest patch.

Perhaps there's a similar solution for Steam.

If you bought the registration key, I can't help you.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on December 27, 2012 at 5:34 pm

It's the boxed version. I put the disk in and only got 3 things I could do: look at the manual, Kalypso media homepage or to exit. I can't launch without the demo installed. How do I launch without the demo? I have launched it with the demo. If launching with the demo works, where is the latest patch?

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on December 27, 2012 at 6:06 pm

You CAN install the full game from the boxed version, what sense would a boxed version have otherwise?

What do you mean with having no other choice? Is it the autoplay-message from Windows or the autorun (with some brown background from Hegemony)? If you right-click on your DVD drive and choose the option Open, you can start the installation process manually by double-clicking on setup.exe (or just setup).

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on December 27, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Problem solved. I found the page that accepts my product key, if you go into your DVD drive then you can choose the auto run file and it will accept the key and have you register. Thanks anyway though.

Level 5 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 2, 2013 at 2:39 pm

i have the same problem...I install the game but cant play...Push play button but nothing,nothing... Whats the pro???