Skip navigation

Problem installing Tread Marks

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Problem installing Tread Marks
Level 6 Human Destroyer of Worlds
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on December 24, 2012 at 6:10 am

Hey guys, first of all I wanted to let y'all know that Tread Marks was the first online computer game I ever played and I've loved it for years and years.
So I bought it today but when I try to install it, it gives me an error message:
"The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete"
And then tells me that I can bypass the corrupt/incomplete installer check by using the /ncrc command line check, which is not recommended so I don't really want to do that.
I've got a brand new laptop running Windows 7 home edition, 64 bit
Any ideas? Thanks!

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 1, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Are you the same user I've been talking to via email?

This usually indicates that you got a bad download. Just delete the copy you've already downloaded and redownload a new copy.

If you have a virus scanner, it's also worth taking a look at your virus scanner's history to see if it's misclassified the download as a virus.

Level 6 Human Destroyer of Worlds
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on January 3, 2013 at 6:04 am

I'm not that user, I just figured I'd try here.
I've tried downloading it several times to no avail. I just tried the /NCRC command line switch and initially it looked like it was working, but when it was almost done unpacking an error message popped up saying the downloader was corrupt. My virus scanner doesn't seem to have anything in the history.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 9, 2013 at 6:49 am

I've discovered the installer on our server got corrupted. Redownload and it should be fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience.