Skip navigation

Unit leveling?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Unit leveling?
Level 6 Human hoplite
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 22, 2012 at 12:56 am

Hi there
Just a quick question concerning units' level: do units keep their level and experience when they flee or are destroyed?
I think that yes, at least it seems so.
Does that mean that after a while, victories or defeats with it, I end with a "super unit" with above average super stats?
Thanks for help

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on December 22, 2012 at 1:59 pm

My companion cavalry has 4/5 stars in everything by now, so yes, I'm pretty sure the levels accumulate through units' "lives".

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 24, 2012 at 6:38 pm

its is no easy feat to max out a unit. Ive only been able to max out Companion Cavalry followed much later with Hypapastists.

Level 6 Human Keen gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 18, 2013 at 12:40 am

Not sure about "defeated" (totally wiped out on the battlefield) but certainly routed units do keep their experience. Interestingly though generals don't seem to die at all. Anyone had a general fall in battle?

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 18, 2013 at 1:52 pm

As long as their soldiers don't rout, they will be sacrificed instead of their general. If the unit routs, in that same moment the general will die, normally.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 18, 2013 at 9:33 pm

if a general has no home town then it will die permanently when its brigade is routed but I am not sure if there are any towns the AI will try and recapture that award generals when captured or from a completed quest.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on January 18, 2013 at 10:44 pm

(Dismantled) Olynthus could be a possibility, but:
Firstly, to lose Hipponicus (2/2/2/1) isn't SUCH a big deal and
secondly, he would reappear in Olynthus once you regain control of the city.
Thirdly you can give any general Pella as their home city as they seem to be all native Macedonian units, albeit they can be forced by the engine to get home cities with different culture/alignment.