Skip navigation

Spearman Command

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Spearman Command
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on December 17, 2012 at 5:39 am

Does anyone know if there is a console command to create a spearman brigade? I found persian and tribal spearmen but not macedonian spearman. I have looked everywhere and even looked in the entities file but no luck. I wanted to spawn some cheap garrison troops without wasting my recruits or moving across the whole map.

Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on December 17, 2012 at 9:39 am

Does anyone know if there is a console command to create a spearman brigade? I found persian and tribal spearmen but not macedonian spearman. I have looked everywhere and even looked in the entities file but no luck. I wanted to spawn some cheap garrison troops without wasting my recruits or moving across the whole map.

Macedonian Spearmen are normal "spearman brigade"s with a macedonian home city. I think the right order is:

addbrigade NAME -faction FACTION -home HOME -container CONTAINER

with the entity name from globals.xnt as NAME,
the faction name from the raws as FACTION,
the home city name from the raws as HOME and
the desired spawn location as CONTAINER.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on December 17, 2012 at 11:43 pm

No that doesn't work I tried spearman brigade, spearmanbrigade, spearmenbrigade, macedonianspearmanbrigade. No idea what it is.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 19, 2012 at 7:02 pm

there is a xml file in the game directory should stand out as to what you want and you can do a search for spearman and see how the game names it.

Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on December 19, 2012 at 7:10 pm

there is a xml file in the game directory should stand out as to what you want and you can do a search for spearman and see how the game names it.

I already looked it up two days ago,there is no such entity in the brigades section. And, there is also only one entity wih a recruitsperman number of 0.66667 (searched for 0.66 and 667). The unit seems to be hardcoded...

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 19, 2012 at 8:34 pm

You're looking for the 'militiabrigade'.

Edit: Sorry, I was just skimming the thread and I was thinking of the wrong brigade. You want 'tribalspearmanbrigade'.