Skip navigation

New Mod from new user...

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > New Mod from new user...
Level 11 Human Writer & Computer Consultant
Alignment: Good
Posted on December 5, 2012 at 3:55 am

He (FireOwl7) isn't on the forum yet to my knowledge, but his first effort is deadlier than my Black Plague! (He got > 1100 kills in 20 mins using it. And yeah, I do have a screenshot.)

Will edit this post (or reply to it if needed) with link to his mod and my newest Black Plague. (one word of warning: His is not SSO whereas mine is.)
Link to Black Plague 1.0.0
Link to Fireowl7-RapidCruiser

Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 5, 2012 at 7:20 am

He (FireOwl7) isn't on the forum yet to my knowledge, but his first effort is deadlier than my Black Plague! (He got > 1100 kills in 20 mins using it. And yeah, I do have a screenshot.)

Will edit this post (or reply to it if needed) with link to his mod and my newest Black Plague. (one word of warning: His is not SSO whereas mine is.)

go ahead and post a download link.

i'm excited to see something deadlier than my mods as well as yours but mostly new material

its been soooooooooo long since if seen this much mod interest, i'm talking 3 to 5 years :)

and with his permission i wouldn't mind converting his to sso, i've done it before but like most of my mods they never seen the light of day....

Posted on December 6, 2012 at 12:58 am

I kid you not: He got > 1100 kills in a 20 minute period with this thing. Also gotta find one of my older posts here to discover what link to use for this thing... LOL

Oddly, his choices for the lighting mess with his (also modded) imagery to the point that you see mostly silver, with hints and bits of the work he did. Not that his work on the texmap was especially good, IMO; have seen the raw texmap, and it's a mess.

His wish was to create a weapon even deadlier than the Black Plague, and he certainly did that! Whether it would be a usable weapon in the long run is anyone's guess. At the weighting I did for the testing, it sure isn't. Weight of 500 is a disaster, since the darn thing spits out 5 missiles at a shot, with 60 in the pod. (Actually, that would be more novel. He used the same idea as one of my Black Plagues, but totally banjaxed the coding so that I had to manually check the ENTs for what was wrong.)

Pickup sound is (like with the Black Plague itself) a real issue; I really wanted something like, "You've caught the plague!" rather than using the existing one for the cruise missile ("Dodge this!"). He wanted "You got Rapid Death!" or something to that effect, I believe. Have yet to get a usable WAV for either one. Just so annoyed about it, since I know Audacity pretty well, and want the files to sound their best.

Posted on December 6, 2012 at 7:58 am

I kid you not: He got > 1100 kills in a 20 minute period with this thing. Also gotta find one of my older posts here to discover what link to use for this thing... LOL

Oddly, his choices for the lighting mess with his (also modded) imagery to the point that you see mostly silver, with hints and bits of the work he did. Not that his work on the texmap was especially good, IMO; have seen the raw texmap, and it's a mess.

His wish was to create a weapon even deadlier than the Black Plague, and he certainly did that! Whether it would be a usable weapon in the long run is anyone's guess. At the weighting I did for the testing, it sure isn't. Weight of 500 is a disaster, since the darn thing spits out 5 missiles at a shot, with 60 in the pod. (Actually, that would be more novel. He used the same idea as one of my Black Plagues, but totally banjaxed the coding so that I had to manually check the ENTs for what was wrong.)

Pickup sound is (like with the Black Plague itself) a real issue; I really wanted something like, "You've caught the plague!" rather than using the existing one for the cruise missile ("Dodge this!"). He wanted "You got Rapid Death!" or something to that effect, I believe. Have yet to get a usable WAV for either one. Just so annoyed about it, since I know Audacity pretty well, and want the files to sound their best.

sounds good, his kill count not surprising to me as you most likely never tried my vortex catastrophe beta pack of 6+ years worth of modding.

i've made all sorts of weapons and tanks with advanced weaponry such as smart lasers, landscape sweeping bullet rain, world sized levels and missle bombardment from hell

i'm just too busy to finish it, i will eventually :)

Posted on December 10, 2012 at 7:31 pm

sounds good, his kill count not surprising to me as you most likely never tried my vortex catastrophe beta pack of 6+ years worth of modding.Is that an offer to share it? ;-D Can send you invites to SugarSync, Ubuntu One and Dropbox for storage. Nice thing is, at least for SugarSync and Dropbox, we both win. (I get more storage, so do you.)

Links lead to the proper place for you to sign up with my referral code already filled in.

Posted on December 10, 2012 at 11:38 pm

sounds good, his kill count not surprising to me as you most likely never tried my vortex catastrophe beta pack of 6+ years worth of modding.Is that an offer to share it? ;-D Can send you invites to SugarSync, Ubuntu One and Dropbox for storage. Nice thing is, at least for SugarSync and Dropbox, we both win. (I get more storage, so do you.)

Links lead to the proper place for you to sign up with my referral code already filled in.

you could do that or give me some time to fix the broken links i have in the post in this section of the forum

i do use sugarsync for another music project i'm part of so that may work but i refuse to use dropbox as minus is a zillion times better sharing\storage service then dropbox.

my choice is fix the broken links, you press the download button, and add my stuff to your favorite sharing software that way neither of us gain anything more then the other :)

Posted on December 13, 2012 at 3:01 am

...give me some time to fix the broken links i have in the post in this section of the forum
Sounds good...i do use sugarsync for another music project i'm part of so that may work but i refuse to use dropbox as minus is a zillion times better sharing\storage service then dropbox.Never heard of "minus"... and SugarSync's main issue with Linux is a very experimental client I refuse to use. Also don't like mounting SugarSync's Windows client via WINE, although I understand it works tolerably well.

Posted on December 13, 2012 at 4:28 am

...give me some time to fix the broken links i have in the post in this section of the forum
Sounds good...i do use sugarsync for another music project i'm part of so that may work but i refuse to use dropbox as minus is a zillion times better sharing\storage service then dropbox.Never heard of "minus"... and SugarSync's main issue with Linux is a very experimental client I refuse to use. Also don't like mounting SugarSync's Windows client via WINE, although I understand it works tolerably well.

you should check it out, minus is better as it supports windows and linux and has a client like sugarsync for both os's

Posted on December 15, 2012 at 3:11 pm

you should check it out, minus is better as it supports windows and linux and has a client like sugarsync for both os'sMinus seems to be a multimedia site, though (intended for pictures, videos, etc.) I could be wrong. (Wouldn't surprise me any. I'm wrong quite often, especially of late!)

Posted on December 16, 2012 at 5:41 am

you should check it out, minus is better as it supports windows and linux and has a client like sugarsync for both os'sMinus seems to be a multimedia site, though (intended for pictures, videos, etc.) I could be wrong. (Wouldn't surprise me any. I'm wrong quite often, especially of late!)

supports all, zip rar and it has an extra plus for music and video, streaming :)

its 100% free and open source no bullshit waiting times, i'd give it a try if i were you

Posted on December 17, 2012 at 7:33 pm

supports all, zip rar and it has an extra plus for music and video, streaming :)

its 100% free and open source no bullshit waiting times, i'd give it a try if i were you
I have a Minus account now, but still not sure how to upload to it. The support programs seem a little oddball, IMO. Not straightforward at all, unlike SugarSync, Ubuntu One and Dropbox.

(Example: While I have "Save to Minus" on my toolbar in Chrome, I've not managed to figure out how it actually works.)

Okay, just discovered that Minus does not permit ZIP files. I have a sneaky way to get around that, but the people would need to know how to extract the files from the pictures.

Posted on December 25, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I have a Minus account now, but still not sure how to upload to it. The support programs seem a little oddball, IMO. Not straightforward at all, unlike SugarSync, Ubuntu One and Dropbox.

(Example: While I have "Save to Minus" on my toolbar in Chrome, I've not managed to figure out how it actually works.)

Okay, just discovered that Minus does not permit ZIP files. I have a sneaky way to get around that, but the people would need to know how to extract the files from the pictures.

scratch that, minus just tore itself and new asshole

you used to be able to upload anything, and in beginning 2gbs of storage

now its 30mbs, and only pictures?????

forget i recommended you that, didn't realize they decided to be a bunch of scrooges

that does it, not gonna depend on stupid bastards drop box, sugar-sync. gonna make my own. AND TWO FAT BIRDS AND A LUMP OF COAL FOR THEM!!

Merry Christmas!!!, my server just got delayed!!!!

Posted on January 3, 2013 at 2:51 am

To be honest, check my links scattered across most of this forum; I am hosting my own files ATM, but anyone who has a more permanent hosting available is welcome to mirror the files. (Yes, I am talking to those who run Boomstick Joe's and other TreadMarks mod sites!)

Why am I saying this? I am on fixed income, and my costs are exploding, while my income is going up very slowly. Whilst I am working hard not to lose my hosting, it is one of the things I am seriously having to consider cutting within the next 3 months.

Posted on January 4, 2013 at 11:55 am

To be honest, check my links scattered across most of this forum; I am hosting my own files ATM, but anyone who has a more permanent hosting available is welcome to mirror the files. (Yes, I am talking to those who run Boomstick Joe's and other TreadMarks mod sites!)

Why am I saying this? I am on fixed income, and my costs are exploding, while my income is going up very slowly. Whilst I am working hard not to lose my hosting, it is one of the things I am seriously having to consider cutting within the next 3 months.

i hear ya, why am i complaining? because i am poorer than you and can't afford that at all :)

Level 13 Human bookkeeper
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 7, 2013 at 6:40 am

well, i really should read the forum posts...
this is very quick for the moment, but i can permanently hosts any mods that you want.
http://www.hallsted.org/org-downloads/rdanner3/

i work 6 days a week between 2 jobs, so getting updates done make take a few days,
but the hosting of mods is never a problem... i got lots of space

toodles,
harmless
:)

Posted on January 7, 2013 at 10:29 pm

well, i really should read the forum posts...
this is very quick for the moment, but i can permanently hosts any mods that you want.
http://www.hallsted.org/org-downloads/rdanner3/

i work 6 days a week between 2 jobs, so getting updates done make take a few days,
but the hosting of mods is never a problem... i got lots of space
Appreciate the space, man! However, fireowl7's Rapid Cruiser, while it is based on one of my Black Plagues, does not belong to me; the filename (as posted on my webspace) is correct, and his mod should likely be in its own directory, especially since he is still considering doing more mods. LOL

Also: Why not put all my Black Plague versions up, since they're all on my webspace and linked from here anyway? Since most are SSO anyway, they'd take up very little room, and everything's safer that way. ;) (and I'm thinking of updating/side-grading the non-SSOs to the new soundbite that I worked up, but I'm not decided yet. I am not entirely pleased with the result as yet. (BTW: the soundbite for the Rapid Cruiser is mine; his just sounded anemic and weak once we got it in-game.)

Level 13 Human bookkeeper
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 9, 2013 at 6:55 am

oops... sorry... my bad :)

just let me know when he has more mods :)

http://www.hallsted.org/org-downloads/fireowl7/

toodles,
harmless
:)

also, can you point to, or describe the posts with your other mod links in them.
i do client bookkeeping for a tax accountant, and he's gearing up for the new tax season,
so my free time is not what it was during the months of nov and dec.
thanks.

Posted on January 13, 2013 at 11:18 pm

can you point to, or describe the posts with your other mod links in them.Doing something a bit easier. Here are links to all the files in that directory... and there are duplications, since I first saved Black Plague 1.0 without the "rdanner3-" prefix.

Powerup
No Stock Weapons
Black Plague 1.0 (non-SSO)
Black Plague 0.1.5 (non-SSO)
Black Plague 0.1.0 SSO
Black Plague 0.1.0 (non-SSO)
Fireowl7's Rapid Cruiser
Black Plague 0.1.5 (SSO)
rdanner3-Black Plague 1.0 (SSO)
rdanner3-Red Death

I wish you all a high-frag count and loads of fun!