Skip navigation

Hegemony Rome Before Christmas?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Rome Before Christmas?
Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 1, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Is Hegemony Rome going to be out before Christmas? I think it would make a great gift! Thanks in advance!

Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on December 1, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Do you mean the Open Beta? Isn't the release somewhere around spring in 2013?

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on December 4, 2012 at 9:54 am

Hopefully the lack of activity lately here means crunch time and not something shadowy looming.

If I remember right there was hope of getting preorders/beta out by the end of the year, but any number of things could have happened to delay that.

I suppose the upside of having to wait until the actual release is there will be HR for a quick fix when short of time and R2TW for longer sessions.

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 5, 2012 at 12:16 am

Sorry for the lack of news recently, but to allay your fears it is only because we are crunching rather hard on development right now and not because of any problems with the project. We are very excited about the way things are shaping up and we're hoping to finally get some more official news out after Christmas when the press is a little less cluttered with Steam sales and AAA christmas ads.

It is still our plan to have a beta early in the new year and we'll be posting about signups as soon as we know all the details.

If you're interested in the day-to-day developments check our our twitter feeds (http://www.twitter.com/LongbowDevs) as we semi-regularly post there what we're working on.

Level 6 Human by day; superhero by night
Alignment: Evil
Posted on December 7, 2012 at 11:10 am

Awesome news! :D

Wise idea to wait until the frenzy of the Holidays subsides.

Looking forward to the sign-ups too. Hopefully my virtus is in order and Fortuna shall be on my side when they arrive; I shall prepare an offering to both her and Mater Matuta at the Forum Boarium at once! :P

Level 8 Human Sage
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 8, 2012 at 2:10 am

hi to anyone who remembers me. i was heavily involved in the Gold beta testing and like to think i made a valuable contribution in exchange for my free copy :)

anyway i am still alive and eagerly anticipating the release of Rome and hopefully getting in on the beta before that. hoping i can once more be of some use. in 10 years time when Longbow Games is a household name synonymous with excellent RTS games i will be able to say "i was there right from the first Hegemony" ;)

Greetings to all Longbow and wishing u a merry xmas, especially Rob. I'll be back in spring to see if the betas released.