Skip navigation

newbie question

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > newbie question
Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 26, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Hi !
I started my first game yesterday and i have struggle with the connection between farms and cities : how can I reasign a farm to another city ?

I dont understand very well how to charge with my cavalery and how units groups are working.

If you can help me :)

Thanks !

Level 6 Human by day; superhero by night
Alignment: Evil
Posted on November 26, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Depending on the amount of available Trade Nodes, it should be possible to reassign a farm to another city by simply left-clicking on the farm and then right-clicking on your desired city.

If you want to connect the farm to a city but there's no available Trade Nodes, select one that's currently in existence and then you should have a menu on the bottom-right of your screen. On that menu you will have the option to destroy the particular Trade Node. Do so and then left-click on the farm and then right-click on the desired city.

This is also possible for Trade Nodes over sea, with the exception being you left-click on one coastal city and right-click on another. :)

Cavalry charges rely on the fact that your horsemen absolutely need to have stamina available and to also have a suitable distance in between them and their target. The distance should be such that your cavalry do not expend all of their stamina before they reach their target. My advice: walk your cavalry everywhere until an enemy is spotted and then, when there's a small but suitable distance available, charge the enemy unit(s). You will know if your cavalry pulled off a charge by a small modifier that appears after a charge has been executed successfully.

Finally, what trouble are you having with unit groupings?

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on November 26, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Thanks SirFussington :)

I didn't understand the stuff about Trade Nodes, but It's OK now, thanks.

About the groups, I just selected my units and it seems to group automaticaly all in one group. But I don't get how I can extract an unit or two in another group.
Or sometimes, I wanted to move all my armies at once and some units didn't follow.

Level 6 Human by day; superhero by night
Alignment: Evil
Posted on November 26, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Hmm. If you have, say, three units and you select them all at once by dragging a box around them, you can deselect (or take-away) a unit from the group of three by holding Shift and then selecting the unit you want to leave the group.

I could be misreading what you're saying, so let me know how that goes for you. :)

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on November 27, 2012 at 2:40 pm

oh thanks !
It's works well.

I almost finished the tutorial campaign. This game is fun.