Skip navigation

Making Peace with the Dead

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Making Peace with the Dead
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 23, 2012 at 1:58 am

If a faction has been wiped out (or never had a city to begin with, but cities are of the faction type), is it possible to make a truce/alliance with them?

Playing the Peloponnesian war, and I really like my Theban Hoplites. But they're mercenaries and the faction they belong to was always allied to the Spartans. Do I have to let one of their cities rebel and then make a truce/alliance with them in order to make my mercenaries into allied troops, is there some other way, or is it just impossible?

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on November 23, 2012 at 9:44 am

Well, you could let one city rebel while a lot of your troops surround that land. Then, there should be enough intimidation to let you even get nearly the same amount of money as before while getting Theban troops as allies. But I think a truce doesn't let your cities stop rebelling... (an alliance, of course, will)

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 23, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I tried it. All I got was a Boeotian city allied with the Peloponnesian League. Guess I'll have to wipe out that faction first. Sort of odd to have Spartan captives, ready to get me a free truce when I already can get one for free since they're down to one settlement (and it ain't Sparta, I look that long ago)

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on November 23, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Sorry, I've misunderstood you: Allies of your enemy won't make an alliance with you (at least, I haven't found any way to get one) and as I said, a truce won't change the rebel/mercenary state...