Skip navigation

Hegemony Gold 1.5.7 Released

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Hegemony Gold 1.5.7 Released
Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 21, 2012 at 11:14 am

I've you've been waiting for the official build of Hegemony Gold 1.5.7, it's here! As always, the easiest way to upgrade is to simply download the demo and install it over your existing copy, but you can also download it from the Download Centre. If you purchased your game elsewhere, you can use the same process, or you can wait for your distributor of choice to update their copy.

If you've been following the betas, you'll know this is a relatively minor update, except for a fix to a bug which caused the seasons to stop turning if you've played the same campaign for a couple hundred hours. If you're one of our uber-fans, this update is for you!

Keep reading for the full release notes.

Changes:
* Increased floating-point precision on date calculations. This was causing the seasons to stand still when players with high frame rates played for over 100 hours.
* Jumping to targets in the alert manager didn't always preserve the camera height and rotation.
* Pressing the "jump to alert" button while in the middle of a jump now moves immediately to the target.
* Fixed a crash when making very long trade routes.
* Fixed a crash when ordering units on boats to enter mines.
* Removed the link style under the "Auto-pause on new events" text, since it's not actually a link.
* AI is now less competitive with each other when targeting non-combat units, like sheep.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on November 23, 2012 at 7:28 am

Easy mode is still just as hard as normal mode. Not much fun to play when you spend all your time rushing back and forth to quash raids.

Didn't used to be this way, though I didn't notice what version it changed in.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on November 26, 2012 at 1:31 am

AWWWWW
I miss watching the ai have massive wars with each other over a single sheep already! Rage!

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 28, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Thank you for for continuing to support this game.

Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 30, 2012 at 9:17 am

Can you explain why some adress are blocked?
Why i must use the adress of other one for contact you?
When i reset password, your ... bot answer to me that make more than 2 hours:

"Error
Invalid session or session timed out.
You must click the link sent to your email address within 2 hours from the time you made the request.
Please try again."

What do you wait to make auto-update system on your game if it's impossible to connect and download it on your site with usual adress?

Thanks for answer me.
Salutations from France,
Daniela de Montmartre, from the computer of my friend in France too.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on November 30, 2012 at 4:52 pm

If you're having trouble getting into the Download Centre, you can always just download the demo and install it over your existing copy. The demo will automatically detect that you have a valid serial code and run as a full version. There's actually no difference between the demo and the version in the Download Centre.

We don't do IP blocking, if that's what you're implying. Also, please ensure you have cookies enabled when resetting your password. If you need more help, feel free to email me.