Skip navigation

Happy Halloween from Longbow Games!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Happy Halloween from Longbow Games!
Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 1, 2012 at 12:54 am

Keep reading for more pics!

Click any of the following to embiggen.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 4, 2012 at 9:02 am

We all know who the scariest, or rather, only scary one there is, don't we rick?!

Posted on November 5, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Who, me? Nah! Clarissa's a cultist with creepy eyes, Rob's brains are falling out of his head, and Philippe's investigating Lovecraftian horrors. Me? I'm just a journalist :)

Level 10 Human
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 11, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Aw, no Wendy this year? Have to say I love her artistic creations featured in the pic with Philippe. Those pots with the necklaces are like, wow. :)

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 15, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Could someone give us a breakdown from left to right in that big picture who each person is and what they do at Longbow? I am curious about the people behind Hegemony.

Posted on November 16, 2012 at 7:04 am

Left to right:

Britt Newstead (Tintin): She's doing all the 2D art in Rome, as well as painting the terrain.
Rob McConnell (dead bicyclist): Lead programmer; he does all the "big" programming jobs: gameplay, AI, terrain engine, animation engine, etc.
Clarissa Walker (cultist): Modelling and texturing. She also does terrain work, but mostly laying out the cities. In Hegemony Gold, she also did the cutscene art.
Philippe McNally (Lovecraftian investigator): Lead artist; he did most of the art in Hegemony Gold, but in Rome he's mostly sticking to animation.
Rick Yorgason (Spider Jerusalem): I just around a lot. I'm responsible for a lot of backend code in the Hegemony engine, I wrote the website, and I do the bulk of the customer service and other administrative stuff. In Hegemony Rome, I wrote the script and I'm designing the campaign; most of the programming I do now directly supports that.

Not pictured:
Jim McNally: He's the president, and was heavily involved in the design of Hegemony Gold. He's less involved in Rome, but still did a bunch of the mapping, and will be doing a lot of testing (as will we all).
Chris Palfreyman: We took him on as an intern programmer, and we decided to start paying him to help us finish the project. He's doing a lot of the programming work I would otherwise be doing.

Me, Rob, and Britt all have Twitter accounts; you can follow us here.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on December 16, 2012 at 4:27 am

Awesome, pardon the late reply (holiday season), but thanks for the breakdown. I'll be interested to see how the art styles differ between the games. Looks like a nice, close-knit team.