Skip navigation

ideal for Hegemony Rome involving Generals

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > ideal for Hegemony Rome involving Generals
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 26, 2012 at 1:58 pm

I dont know exactly what Longbow has in store for Generals in Hegemony Rome but in Hegemony Gold I found in some cases the generals caused clutter on the unit card list in a town especially in Sandbox mode or Spartan Campaign. Perhaps a General Icon that shows a number of how many generals are there that can be expanded when clicked?

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 27, 2012 at 1:42 am

The info panel is receiving a pretty hefty overhaul, so expect some changes there.

However, I'm curious to know more about your case. In my experience, generals are merged with another brigade 90% of the time, in which case they don't take up an extra slot in your garrison. Are you actually talking about the grey icons that show which units are abroad? Or am I misunderstanding the problem?

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 29, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Yep the grey cards, Sparta for example in sandbox has over a dozen generals and it puts the the abroad brigades cards in the back which i use to help find units. I use generals usually once until the brigade is defeated unless its a exceptional general,a defeated brigade can be rushed back to the front lines gathering reinforcements along the way while a general cant and since majority wont offer big bonuses I find they better off staying at home gathering sheep vs micro managing all the generals.