Skip navigation

Hegemony Gold: is serial code same as product key?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Gold: is serial code same as product key?
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 14, 2012 at 4:50 am

Just purchased a *new" boxed DVD of Hegemony Gold from the local Electronic Boutique, paying the full $29.95 price.
The back of the manual has a 28 character alphanumeric Product Key. The registration asks for a 25 digit serial code. There is no other serial code that I can find anywhere in the box, the booklet or on the DVD itself.
The registration does not accept the Product Key. I have tried it with hyphens, without hyphens, and without the "HEG" leading 3 characters.
Are Product Key and serial code two different things? Where am I supposed to get the serial code from?
I also had a look at the online game registration hoping it might generate a serial code from the product key, but it does not (and it also requests the serial code).

What do I do now?

Edit: Okay, I've discovered that if I ignore the "Unregistered copy! Playing in demo mode." message on the launcher, and don't try to register with the Register button, it takes me to another registration screen with Kalypsonmedia which does accept the product key.
Does this mean I now have access to the full game? The launcher still says I am unregistered, but kalypso says I am...

(PS sorry the original post wasn't under Support where I guess it should be)

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 15, 2012 at 11:03 pm

This is a bug with the desktop shortcut installed by the Kalypso release. If you just press 'play' it will use the Kalypso registration data and work just fine.

Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 2, 2013 at 2:38 pm

i have the same problem,i push the play button but nothing.... Whats the problem