Skip navigation

Loading problem - incorrect login

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Loading problem - incorrect login
Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 14, 2012 at 2:54 am

I've just bought Hegemony Gold in the box set, opened an account and clicked the link that was automatically sent to me. But when I enter my email address and password in order to play I get an "incorrect email or password" message. It can't be incorrect because I'm able to login into this forum. Some help or explanations please. Yes, I did check and re-check my email address and password entry.

Also, I have the same problem as Dylates in the Hegemomy forum. It says enter your 25 digit serial key but I have a 28 digit key (on the back of the manual)so that won't work either.
Thanks

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 15, 2012 at 11:05 pm

There's a bug with the desktop shortcut installed by the Kalypso release. Just ignore the message and press 'Play' and it will bring up Kalypso's registration window.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on October 17, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I wasn't so clear in my first message. When I hit play
I get a window that requests my email address and password - I presume that's the address and password I created to open an account, what else could it be? - but when I enter those details I get a message saying invalid email or password!

help please.

Posted on October 17, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Unfortunately, Kalypso uses their own registration system, not ours. You have to press the 'Register' button below that prompt.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on October 17, 2012 at 9:39 pm

When I hit the "register" button I am told to enter my 25 digit serial code. The only serial code I have is the 28 digit code on the back of the manual and of course I get a "invalid serial code" message. (This is the same problem Dlyates had over on the Hegemony forum but his post has been removed.) There is a further message saying that if there is a problem then to connect to this site for help. Why is it so difficult to register a game? This is such poor marketing.
please help.

Posted on October 18, 2012 at 3:29 am

Sorry, I know this is confusing. Kalypso has their own registration system which is completely different from ours. You have to press 'Play' and then register an account in the Kalypso launcher which pops up, like so:

Sorry for the confusion.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on October 18, 2012 at 3:56 am

No go. When I press 'play' I do not get exactly the same screen shot that you posted. My screen shot does not include the "forgot password", "register new account" or "continue" dialogue boxes. I have the option to enter my email address and password, and nothing else.
It should not be this difficult to register a game. Should I be attempting to resolve this issue thru kalypso? Why are there two different entities involved here, kalypso and longbow?

Posted on October 18, 2012 at 10:44 pm

We're the developer, and we self-published Hegemony Gold everywhere except on store shelves. Kalypso is a publisher, and they have their own way of doing things, so they insisted that we add their registration system when they published a version for store shelves.

Just to be clear, are you saying that your launcher shows exactly what I posted, except without the three buttons on the bottom? Are there any buttons at all?

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on October 18, 2012 at 11:28 pm

there are no buttons, repeat, none. there is only the two boxes "email" and "password"

Posted on October 19, 2012 at 1:19 am

Okay, I'm going to ask my contact at Kalypso if they've ever heard of anything like that. In the meantime, can you send a screenshot to rick@longbowgames.com?

Sorry for all the hassle this has been.

Posted on October 19, 2012 at 2:17 am

Thanks for the screenshot; that's definitely bugged. I'll harass Kalypso about it and get back to you.

Posted on October 19, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Theaomai, my Kalypso contact has sent you an email, but I want to share the information here in case anybody else experiences this problem.

If you launcher looks like this:

Then it's probably due to your DPI setting in Windows. The Kalypso launcher expects your DPI to be set to 96, and will not display properly if it's set to something else.

The following links will explain how to change your DPI for different versions of Windows:
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on October 19, 2012 at 11:02 pm

I am set at 96 dp resolution already.

Posted on October 20, 2012 at 3:32 am

Hi Theaomai,

Sorry for all the hassle this has been. I don't want to put you through any more, so I've just added a new copy of Hegemony to your account. You can download it and retrieve your new registration information from the Download Centre.

This copy comes straight from us, so you don't need to do the Kalypso registration. You can also use your new code to unlock the game on Steam using the "Activate a Product on Steam" option.

Make sure you uninstall the Kalypso version before you install our version.

Let me know if you have any further trouble.

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on October 20, 2012 at 8:29 am

Many thanks, Rick. I've downloaded, registered and enjoying the Philip tutorial.