Skip navigation

Server crashes

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Server crashes
Level 10 Human
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 9, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I see the server went down for Rival Ball this weekend and cleared a week's worth of player stats. A little disheartening to go from something like 39/17 to 4/4, I must admit.

Anyhow, as it's been years since I used to play this game, I'm just curious if the servers still tend crash on a casual basis, and approximately how frequently it may be expected? I recall there used to be something about weekends, whatever ominous sense of logic (or lack there of) goes into that, heh.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 11, 2012 at 1:15 am

Yeah, the server's still a little unstable, and people haven't been complaining about lost scores, so I've been a little lax in maintenance.

I'll try to remember to reset the server before each weekend to reduce the chances of any downtime or lost scores.

Level 10 Human
Posted on October 12, 2012 at 4:15 am

I keep get'n kicked out from the lobby repeatedly today. Had a single game with another player which seemed to run just fine, though; but otherwise it's on and off in the lobby, constantly loosing connection.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 14, 2012 at 5:36 am

bumping for luck :)

Posted on October 15, 2012 at 11:30 pm

I've been doing some network maintenance lately that's been interfering with Rival Ball. I think I've got everything sorted out now, but let me know if you're still getting kicked.

Level 10 Human
Posted on October 15, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Still having trouble online. Got one game down, then the next one vanished to a black screen while breaking through the first board. I haven't experienced any kick-outs from the server thus far, although it seemed my opponent had some trouble. Also attempted to message you, but didn't get any response.

Level 10 Human
Posted on October 17, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Server down again since last night.

Posted on October 17, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Yeah, I was fussing with our firewall some more because of your last post.

I think it's all stable now. Once you're connected to another player, the lobby is no longer involved, so if you lose your connection at that point it's a problem between you and them.