Skip navigation

Complete Chaos Offline Races!!!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Complete Chaos Offline Races!!!
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 3, 2005 at 11:07 am

sure im up for a race or two

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on September 3, 2005 at 4:08 pm

Missed you again!! :shock:

Level 14 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on September 3, 2005 at 7:14 pm

LOL. I have battled 99-AI tanks in a race before, but the Best Lap is about 4 minute due to all the tanks (around 7 FPS), and I have not beaten one completly yet. Besides that, I only have the demo, so I can't play either of you, I don't have a server.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 3, 2005 at 11:49 pm

Hey! Is anyone here into jousting?

For a clarification for those not knowing what it is, you take one certain weapon, find a map where you can run out of the opposing tank's range of view (turtles is a choice map for this), and then run at break neck speed, trying to kill the opposing tank with ramming and a good trigger finger...

The traditional weapon for jousting is a massdriver... it's supreme but the joust requires that you up the hitscan range for it to be an effective match as well as the starting ammo count.

As well, jousting is normally not done with weapons like the laser, which have no real kick/shove. Peashooter and concussion jousting is great too.

I've been thinking of making a map specifically made for jousting tournaments, with midair jousts using ramps of all sorts as well.

Another insanity I used to do with people online (primarily JL and GA) was survival matches... mainly you would get tons of weapons that had huge speeds and high tracking, making everything basically like a cruise missile. Then on maps you'd play about 8 AI's and the idea is to attract the projectiles to chase you and then swerve to get them to hit your opponent. You can already do this on the Armegeddon map with the nukes (I used to be a pro at it, myself. Tons of fun). I was hoping to also make a custom map for this... it's sorta like being the skeet fodder, but instead you try to get the hunter to hit your opponent. :D 99+ AI's can work like a hoarde, so one thing you can do is make a server where the map produces an unmanned tank every minute... this allows the AI's to all hoarde in that area. When you enter with your opponent, all the AI's rush at you and the same system applies... get them to chase you, perhaps into picking up a nuke or shadow, and then get them to fall upon your oponent.

Extreme TM sport is truly the best, and I miss the soccer server so badly... man was that some crazy fun... I swear... everyone wanted to be the ball. And what happened to all the CTF tournies? I loved those too! :D

Making a soccer server isn't actually all that hard if you know how to mod well. Create a new tank but without a name so no one can select it and make it's spawn explo create the flags :D (or something like that)

Oh well, back to other stuff... I'll try to TM with you guys later this week. OH! and if anyone can get a server system running on linux, I know how to tunnel through my campus's firewall and all and get unlimited bandwidth from nix without doing anything illegal (basically they made the hole themselves and never patched it up because 'no one' uses linux. If you use it, they don't care since the number is too small to matter). I'm not going to xwine or anything... I refuse to pay for windows emulation... it's the last thing my funds would go towards. The first thing I'm going to buy when I get spare money are some neodynium magnets and more juggling equipment (as well as pillows and duct tape for my unicycle ;-D)..... (No, I'm not a clown.... I will kill you if you even think of that now... I hate clowns and plan on murdering at least three people before I die, one being a clown as a minimum)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 4, 2005 at 5:01 am

2nd self. i think the best idea is we both agree on a time to race. u choose.

Posted on September 4, 2005 at 11:07 am

Hmmm...how about u meet me on the chat thing at say - 5:00pm today and well then go down to the race server?

If you don't get this quick enough to do that then I'll look on the chat thing at 6:00 or 7:00?

U know how to get to the chat thing?

I also have an idea - if someone were to make a super powerful tank with a realy powerful weapon with lots of ammo and armor - then somehow start a game so that they are playing 1 vs 99 AI with this tank
but so that if possible none of the AI are using the tank - then you could have a slaughter game to see how long you could survive against all the AI!!!!! :lol:
This meaning for example:
Red Team: you
Black Team: 99 AI tanks

Like your Signiture Nn9

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 4, 2005 at 1:47 pm

hehe sorry but i only just got this message. whats the chat area. how do u get to it .and im sure im free then.

Posted on September 4, 2005 at 1:59 pm

Get to the multiplayer menu and click refresh internet - when u get there theres a button at the botom that says chat - it lists all the users that are on and u can talk to them.
Message me when you get this and ill meet you.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on September 4, 2005 at 2:06 pm

Or, if he means talking while playing in the game (in game chat), u know, when you are shooting, you can press the t button to talk to everyone, or the y button to talk to your team only.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 4, 2005 at 2:08 pm

don't worry i know what he/she means.

Posted on September 5, 2005 at 5:37 pm

For future reference i'm a he... :?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on September 11, 2005 at 1:22 pm

ok then