Skip navigation

No announcement for Rival Ball Series 2?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > No announcement for Rival Ball Series 2?
Level 9 Human
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 7, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I was curious to find out the release date for Rival Ball Series 2, but couldn't find any related news anywhere. Was there no announcement or recorded date for this release?

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 9, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Rival Ball Series 2 was released about ten years ago :)

You can buy it on the Rival Ball page.

Level 3 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 7, 2015 at 4:15 pm

It's always been a touchy topic, this one. There used to be a board editor around for a very limited time back in 1999, I believe. It was created by a guy who went by the name NOPeR, but it wasn't an official board editor, though. Considering that DX-Ball 2 was (and still is) distributed as shareware, I suppose a board editor was not really in LDA's interest, in spite of an inevitable demand for it, as time has shown. However, in cooperation with NOPeR, they did work on a solution to the problem. First of all, they set a restriction to the game that would limit the number of user-created boards one could play. This was, of course, to protect their property of sales. Meanwhile, the solution that was being worked out was intended to let owners of Board Pack 1 be able to play user-created board-sets with no restrictions.