Skip navigation

What file has the unit numbers in it?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > What file has the unit numbers in it?
Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 7, 2012 at 8:18 pm

For I would much like to triple them. :3
I know the globals has hp, morale and damage, but theres no 'unit number' line. so which one has it? IS there one? or is it done some other dastardly way?

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on October 11, 2012 at 9:09 am

Is it perchance in the entities.arc file, or is there a line of code that i can add to each unit in the globals.xnt to set their unit number? cmooon, i want to see how hard the engine can take it! Or my computer, and how fun it can become! Prease? I can has give cookies?

Level 7 Extraplanar programmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on October 11, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Unfortunately, it is in the entities.arc file. You can't really modify that, so I did it for you. The linked version of entities.arc gives all brigades except for triremes, generals, ox carts, workers and slaves triple the number of units.

Download here and go to Resources\Entities. Back up your old entities.arc, copy entities_triple.arc to there and rename it to entities.arc. I've confirmed it can run, but that doesn't mean weird stuff won't happen. Remember that it might mess things up, and enjoy.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on October 15, 2012 at 11:18 pm

OOOOOH yeah baby! time for shit to get laggy! or very very hard. Hmm.

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on October 18, 2012 at 3:26 am

I've been getting a bug relating sheep and entry date as soon as i started using this, pity really. might have to put them back to average numbers if thats what you did. only problem i've experienced so far. apart from a single brigade eating through my whole food stocks in a day... fat bastards. all i had to do was change a few numbers to prevent the pestilence of mankind eating my foodstocks. aparently if you make the constunitconsumption lower a number than 0.1... you get cities being unable to hold more than 50 or 100 food(max). quite weird. i wonder if the opposite is true, people eat more but cities hold more.. hmm.

Level 6 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 20, 2012 at 6:57 am

hello!
I ask pardon for my English. is a machine translation.
first of all thanks for your great game - hegemony.
long time I do not spend time playing. :)

question - how to reduce the number of people in groups in three times?
this is for my work laptop.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on October 22, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Hey guys,

If you really want to get your hands dirty, I've posted a compressor/decompressor for the entities file. Just download this .exe file, put it in your Entities folder, open a cmd window, and run this command:

BuildArchive entities.arc /X

That will create a "resources" folder, which you can mess with. To recompress, run:

BuildArchive entities.arc /I "resources/" /O "resources/" "entities/*.xnt" "entities/*.ent" "entities/*.inc"

Some things to be careful of:
* This tool might not run on Windows XP.
* You might need to install the VC++ Redistributable for it to run.
* Remember that the Program Files directory is not user-writable by default. If you're not sure how to get around this, then modding probably isn't for you.
* If I recall, the game searches the resources folder for more entity files, so make sure you don't leave the decompressed files sitting around or it might try to read them twice!

Level 7 Human gamer
Posted on October 24, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Exactly why i love being annoying To developers! Yay!
<3 Rick!
Another reason to keep sending money your way, just the devs i want to keep alive :D

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on December 20, 2012 at 11:03 pm

I can't get the BuildArchive to run. When I try to run it at a command line I get the response "BuildArchive is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

I am using Windows 7, but I just started using it, so I might be doing something wrong there. I installed VC++ Redistributable, and I removed read only from the entire hegemony folder.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on December 22, 2012 at 12:36 am

Is BuildArchive.exe in your current directory or %PATH%?

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on December 23, 2012 at 7:06 pm

In my current directory: I have the BuildArchive file located in my Hegemony Gold/Resources/Entities folder which I have open in Windows Explorer (or whatever it's now called) when I try to run it.