Skip navigation

TM Entity Database...

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > TM Entity Database...
Level 12 Human Writer & Computer Consultant
Alignment: Good
Posted on October 6, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Does anyone know how to get this program running properly in Linux? With other programs, it was just drop-and-go, but this one crashes WINE instantly. If someone could point me to which DLLs are needed, it'd be great. :-D

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 7, 2012 at 5:47 am

Does anyone know how to get this program running properly in Linux? With other programs, it was just drop-and-go, but this one crashes WINE instantly. If someone could point me to which DLLs are needed, it'd be great. :-D

dll's may or may not help as i've had errors that involved dll files that were actually "there" asking me for them. proving wine is bugged.

before you go as far as asking for dll files, try different wine versions.

to my knowledge and bad memory, you shouldn't need any dll files.

just to warn you, i have had "various" ups and downs with wine on every windows application i have ever used.

the version 3 years ago may allow my text editor to work and now it won't even show up is one example.

my best answer to you is avoid linux for any "windows" applications unless your prepared to spend "late nights" on linux forums dealing with this retarded crap.

wine is half decent for "some" games. applications are a different story.

that's the reason why i still use windows, its going to take wine another 20 years to be "fully" reliable.

Posted on October 14, 2012 at 9:01 pm

dll's may or may not help as i've had errors that involved dll files that were actually "there" asking me for them. proving wine is bugged.Well, I know WINE has bugs, yeah. Been on their forums for a while now.

my best answer to you is avoid linux for any "windows" applications unless your prepared to spend "late nights" on linux forums dealing with this retarded crap.

wine is half decent for "some" games. applications are a different story.

that's the reason why i still use windows, its going to take wine another 20 years to be "fully" reliable.
Now that I seriously doubt! LOL Out of five games I've tried to install, only one failed, and it's squirelly even in Windows, but then, I do have Windows 7 x64, and the game's DVD indicates Windows XP SP3 compatibility.

Bug reports, just like here on this forum, sometimes get actioned, sometimes get ignored; your best bet for any open-source project is to use their recommended/required bug tracker to make such reports, not their forums. (For that matter, most game companies have a preferred bug-tracker; it's amusing to see just how many use Bugzilla for their tracking.)

Rather interestingly, I got LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) to run without much problem under WINE, although I must admit it was just a S&Gs-type effort. (Mainly to see if it were possible; I haven't played the MMO in question for quite some time, even though I used to be a beta-tester for the game.)

Level 12 Human old school map & modpack maker
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 8, 2013 at 4:14 am

It was programmed on a PC by Blandy in VisualBasic (don't know what version), but if that helps you track down a runtime library. :)

Posted on February 8, 2013 at 5:12 am

[TM Entity Database] was programmed on a PC by Blandy in VisualBasic (don't know what version), but if that helps you track down a runtime library. :)It might, yes. Of course, having an actual installer might be all that's needed. :-p Have noticed that (at least with PlayOnLinux) programs with installers (rather than "unzip and run" types) usually work 100% of the time... or not at all. C&C 1st Decade is one of those that just doesn't seem to want to load up, although it could be because you gotta have Admin rights during install on Windows, and PoL may not know how to emulate (or force) that.

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 25, 2013 at 7:07 am

[TM Entity Database] was programmed on a PC by Blandy in VisualBasic (don't know what version), but if that helps you track down a runtime library. :)It might, yes. Of course, having an actual installer might be all that's needed. :-p Have noticed that (at least with PlayOnLinux) programs with installers (rather than "unzip and run" types) usually work 100% of the time... or not at all. C&C 1st Decade is one of those that just doesn't seem to want to load up, although it could be because you gotta have Admin rights during install on Windows, and PoL may not know how to emulate (or force) that.

or you have to configure tons of crap (as a trick) to get it to work which is complete bullshit

games like fallout new vegas, fallout 3, road rash and more epically fail on wine

it matters on how popular games or software are for linux wine users as that will determine if the program is gonna work NOW OR 10 YEARS ROFL

i have never gotten any game to run as good as in windows, only great like tread marks which is an exception and shit with every other game

that's why i still dual boot EVEN when i don't want to.

AS its wines fault, for not making games sold only for windows to fail and depend on people that get off their butts to fix it which is retarded!

again your gonna have to waste your life in reports and bullshit LOL :) rather save time and HAVE IT WORK NOW :D