Skip navigation

Hegemony Rome Tentative Release Date?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Rome Tentative Release Date?
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on September 1, 2012 at 10:22 am

Dear Sir or Madam (Programming Department):

I don't want to sound like a whiny cur, but I have been eagerly awaiting the release of Hegemony Rome since late 2011. Is there an end in sight for my tribulations?

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 10, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Posted July 15th in reply to my questions about Total War Rome 2. Hope this helps :D

Quote from Rob of Longbow Games:

We're hoping to get to beta by the end of this year with a full release around the middle of next year.

Regarding TWR2, we're not really that concerned. We've got a really strong idea of what Hegemony's strengths are at this point and we're not really focusing on the same things. Total War seems to be trying to make the individual battles as epic and detailed as possible while Hegemony's more about the flow of the entire campaign that includes the battlefield tactics but also the important strategic decisions about getting the men and resources to the right place to make those battles possible. And besides, creative assembly is like 20x our size so we only need a small fraction of the market to survive.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 29, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Ok... So game is scheduled for mid-2013? :(