Skip navigation

Latest build

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Latest build
Level 7 Human
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on August 29, 2012 at 5:15 am

Last (1:5:6 download) build replaces digi download with a demo version, so you cannot play sandbox etc, is this intended?.

Level 7 Human
Posted on August 29, 2012 at 10:34 am

So we are clear, i purchased full price game. Applied the latest patch, and are reduced to a demo only copy of the game.

If you do not want customers for future products, this is indeed the way to achieve that.

Level 8 Human Test Dummy (MK III)
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on August 29, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Have you reregistered your product yet?

Level 6 Human gamer
Posted on August 29, 2012 at 2:35 pm

So we are clear, i purchased full price game. Applied the latest patch, and are reduced to a demo only copy of the game.

I've purchased the game too, and I also have the 1.5.6 patch (although the third beta version), but I could start a sandbox game two minutes ago, as well as play the Peloponnesian War's scenarios in the past. Which version number is shown in the main menu? (1.5.6 beta 3 rev 23257 for example)

If you do not want customers for future products, this is indeed the way to achieve that.

Have you tried to re-download the game? Or to reinstall the older (disc- or Steam-) version of the game? Sure, it's not that much fun if you pay for something you could have got for free, but this was not intended, but a bug of the patch or one of the installers. I'm sure no one of the Hegemony-team wanted to betray you or steal your money. It isn't even sure if it was their fault or some kind of unexpected interaction with your hard- or software, or something went wrong during the downloading or installation process.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 29, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Sorry to hear you're having trouble; we should be able to get your problem sorted fairly easily.

Where did you purchase Hegemony Gold? (eg. from Steam? From LongbowGames.com? From Amazon?)

Different stores insist on different installation peculiarities, so knowing where you purchased from will help troubleshoot any difficulties you're experiencing.

Level 7 Human
Posted on August 30, 2012 at 4:58 am

Thank you all for you input.

The 1.5.6 latest build overwrites( or requires again) the registration data, requiring it to be re entered to make it a full copy, thats where the issue was and why i got a default demo version from the latest patch.

All good now.